“Wonderful cafe restaurant”
Review of Cafe Good

Cafe Good
Ranked #11 of 148 Restaurants in Banos
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "Café Good Books & Food " a place highly recommended in many important guides like Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, Reise Know-How, offers different types of breakfast with fresh organic coffee as well as international cuisine, Indian, Italian , Thai , delicious steaks and grilled chicken , variety of cocktails 2x1 8 pm 10 pm , juices, herbal tea and a cozy atmosphere. Free Books exchange for your bill.
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Wonderful ambiance for English speakers. Delicious smooithies coffees and teas-including one that cured my indigestion. Owner Ray Hood makes you feel at home, and manages to turn out good curry dishes felafel and Mexican food. The 3.25 lunch special is reliably good. A great social gathering place also.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

great food, clean, great prices....a little slow on the service...

Reviewed June 3, 2012

A great little backpackers cafe. Every night they played a different recent movie on their big screen tv, the decor is well done, the prices are decent and while just like most places we tried, the menu didn't have a ton of depth, the trout and potatoes was one of the best meals I had the whole trip. We also ate at the Casa Hood, (the place Lonely Planet says this place is trying to knock off) but liked Cafe Good better. The relaxing nightly movie was the deciding factor.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Good service and good food delivered very quickly. This was a Good thing since I had a meeting to make.

Reviewed February 22, 2010

I went twice to Cafe Good. The first one was for breakfast and I found that everything was average. Since it was really close to my hostel and the book exchange was pretty good, both my girlfriend and me decided to have dinner there.

It was an error: the food was poor and the service wasn't very dedicated. We ordered nachos with guacamole as a starter but we got it after the main courses! Likewise, the main courses were small and not really tasty. Finally, I asked for an expresso...and simply got a black coffee.

With the wide range of excellent places to have breakfast and dinner in Banos...you can simply skip this one!