All reviews glass roof grounds are beautiful junior suite treatment rooms empanadas surrounded by mountains gorgeous hotel hot tub two nights buffet breakfast main building peacocks monastery massage jesuit fireplace ecuador
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

This is one good option for luxury travel in Baños but my experience did not meet my expectations after reading so many five-star reviews in this site.

Front desk service was friendly but there was only one receptionist and he was busy taking calls and attending guests checking in.

The bedroom was in a private area with a fountain, very quiet, very relaxing space.

Pillowcases were too tight for the pillows, making them feel hard. I had to take them out of the pillowcases so they felt comfortable. Mattress was firm but comfortable. I had two nights of great sleep.

The bathroom was decorated in a Middle Ages-y style with spearheaded towel hangers that were greased. My towel got soiled with grease from the hanger. There was not enough room to put toiletries. The quality of amenities did not seem consistent with the room rate. Hot water took a long time to get to shower.

Nice fluffy white bathrobes but there were no slippers for the spa and when I asked reception for a pair they told me they had ran out of them and were waiting for the supplier to restock. Fortunately, I asked my housekeeper afterwards and she could get me one pair she had left in her warehouse.

The spa treatment I treated me to is the reason I am giving this hotel four stars. It is called “Purificación de la Montaña”: Two and a half hours of pure bliss but this was an extra service (USD99). The pool is not exclusive for spa customers which can be a disappointment. After a good massage you might want to lie back on a sunbed and read a book or take a nap listening to the relaxing music playing. Instead, there were kids crying and adults pool hopping, splashing water all over the place. The hotel has enough space for another pool which is open for other activities. As a spa customer I spend extra money for an exclusive, relaxing atmosphere. Very professional staff.

The big disappointment was the buffet breakfast. For a high season time (Easter), they offered a rather reduced and substandard assortment of options. I had to ask my waiter if they were going to take out more dishes and only then she offered me a “seco de chivo” (Ecuadorean goat stew) that slightly filled the gap.

I will definitely come back again but with more down to earth expectations. I am also looking forward to visiting their competition, Luna Volcán (formerly Luna Runtún) to give you a more balanced recommendation of luxury accommodations in Baños.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Carlos Felipe R
DorianROQUE, Guest Relations Manager at Samari Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,
On behalf of the Samari Spa Resort team, I thank you for your positive rating and feeback regarding our luxury hotel and its services.

Regarding your comment about the Spa, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, normally the other guests with their kids know the instructions and our policies to respect this place to remain quiet for everyone, noise can unfortunately happen when we are on national holidays where a lot of people comes from all the country and some of them might lack of common sense, in addition to have all our personnal very busy with clients for holidays.

Next time we'll be very happy to enforce our policies with more emphasis.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Samari Spa Resort in a near future.
Thank you for recommanding our services despite this little inconvenience.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed April 19, 2019

We stayed for three nights in this absolutely lovely place. The grounds were immaculate and we enjoyed strolling through them, always finding unexpected beauty. We were met with a nice drink (welcome after our long drive) and felt warmly welcomed. Our room had a very cabin-like feel, complete with a wood-burning fireplace (which they lit for us one night) and a fantastic tub for two with delightful views. The bed was very comfortable and they had several pillows on it (this is important to me, as I like soft pillows, so I like when they have a variety to choose from). The staff were all very helpful and the food in the restaurant was very good (we had the included breakfast there every morning, and one dinner). There was only thing that detracted from our visit: just after arriving, we booked treatments at the spa. The spa is nice and tranquil and everything was just lovely until some children came to the pool. The treatment rooms all ring the pool, and there is not apparently any noise control. We did not go back to the spa after that. I would suggest that there be a few hours each day/evening when the pool is "adults only" so that people who want peaceful spa treatments can receive them. We have eight kids ourselves, and we'd totally understand that. Just a suggestion.

Room tip: Get a room with a fireplace...makes for a wonderful ambiance.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LadyDukes11
DorianROQUE, Guest Relations Manager at Samari Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2019

Dear guests,
Thank you so much for choosing us, for your positive review and your suggestions to improve our services at the spa.
Your opinion is very important for us and nothing else can makes us happier to hear that our guests have had an excellent stay with memorable moments with us!

Indeed, all our services and amenities are made for enjoying to the fullest both a resting and memorable stay.
Including our gourmet restaurant as you rightly mentioned.

Like I mentioned, your suggestion to improve our services and organization at the Spa following the little inconvenient you had is very important for us, we'll definitely make a special time slot for recreational activities with kids so it can be a total relax and silence within this area.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon and with great pleasure!

Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

I came to Banos and now i never want to leave. This hotel is beautiful. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The grounds are very beautiful and well kept Mario at the front desk was my favorite. He was so kind and helped me find my way all over Banos. Since i dont speak spanish he came to my rescue several times. I will truly miss this place and i will definitely be back.

Stacy

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Stacy,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your compliments and positive review!

Our rooms are indeed very comfortable, our 5-acres gardens well taken care of and surrounded with beautiful nature and peacocks.
Our Spa area is a oasis of calm, our gourmet restaurant is delightful and exquisite, and all our services and amenities are made for enjoying to the fullest a resting and memorable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon and with great pleasure.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Gorgeous hotel, with so many extra BEAUTIFUL touches, warming fire pit and drink on arrival, the spa and the pool are out of this world, the antiques in the hotel and rooms are just gorgeous, exquisite food and excellent service! The setting is nestled in the mountains with gardens that take your breath away and well dress rooms. Really pleased with staff and OWNER, we all had a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Connie T
DorianROQUE, Guest Relations Manager at Samari Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Dear guests,

Thank you so much for such a great review and for your compliments...we're blessed!

Your opinion is very important for us and nothing else can make us happier to hear that our guests have had an excellent stay with memorable moments with us!

Including our gourmet restaurant and relaxing Spa as you rightly mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon and with great pleasure, we will be waiting for you!

Reviewed April 2, 2019

Gorgeous hotel, with so many extra touches, warming fire pit and drink on arrival, gorgeous spa and pool, lots of antiques in the hotel and rooms, delicious food and excellent service! The setting is nestled in the mountains with beautiful gardens and well appointed rooms. Really pleased and had a wonderful stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
DorianROQUE, Guest Relations Manager at Samari Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Dear guests,
On the behalf of all the Samari Spa Resort team & family, we want to thank you very much for staying with us and for your compliments about our services and amenities!

Our rooms are indeed very comfortable, our 5-acres gardens well taken care of and surrounded with beautiful nature and peacocks freely roaming in the property.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon and with great pleasure.

Thank you so much once again for recommending our services.