“wonderful oasis”

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Banos
New Jersey
“wonderful oasis”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The massages are the best - we did couple massages! The pool is great! Service is great. Food is ok. The beds are hard but they the romance of the setting made up for it. We stayed 3 days and didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: The rooms by the road can be noisy but otherwise all are great!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Godaloneis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Perfect room, Incredible Staff, great food, safe, secure and the view is fabulous. We have stayed there at least 5 times and will go back again. I can't imagine anyone not being very pleased. We have used the facilities for Business and Family getaways.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kharkiv, Ukraine
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I was in this hotel with the wife two years ago - an excellent place, this building of the former monastery is converted now under hotel a little.
Wonderful romantic place, I recommend. Here very affable and kind personnel, many of which say on ангийском that gives the chance free dialogue with them if necessary.
Round hotel находяться mountains that does a landscape around very remembered and attracting.
We cannot forget till now this place and intend to visit him again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Quito
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed at this Hotel during the last weekend , it was an excellent choice I have been there for food, but staying at the Hotel was excellent. I was going to put a very good, because the first day
service at the restaurant was slow, but they came to apologized to us, After that everything was fabulous. We even saw the eruption of "Volcan Tungurahua", and the mushroom of ashes was fantastic, we were in the swinmingpool, and to see the 12 kilometer around 9 miles mushroom of ashes was terrific.
The spa and the massages were very good. The food excellent but above all I was on the town of Baños, and I rented an small car with my wife and grand children, and forgot at the renting agency, my drivers license, and my ID , when I returned to Quito I had to called the Hotel for some help, and the person of reception Mrs. Mayra Montoya, went out of his duty to help me, and went to the renting company, obtained the documents for me, and sent me by express mail.
This is what I call service. Besides that the place is fabulous you can walk in the gardens, see the mountains , and the place is very quite. Ask for a room not near the highway. Top Service.
this is the best a Hotel can give you

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not near the highway
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sydney
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We loved this hotel which is a converted monastery however we were one of only two rooms occupied and it was like a ghost town. There was only a skeleton staff and the spa closed early at 6pm even though they told us it was due to close at 7pm. Despite this however we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Not for those who don't like steps though as there are loads of steps up and down to get to the rooms. Also safety is a bit of an issue with a dangerous candle holder which has sharp edges and which you knock every time you stand up from the toilet seat. Also bathroom was not as clean as we would expect from an upmarket boutique hotel of this nature. Lower cleanliness than its competitors in Ecuador.

Room Tip: Watch out for the steps and be careful in the bathroom when you move around
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I recently stayed here and found everything to my liking. The staff were curtious, they had enough english speaking staff to accomodate me and they left me feeling cared for but yet they gave me my privacy. The grounds are stunning (kind of like Central Park in the middle of New York City) and the food was top shelf.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank lesliesz1963
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you're looking to relax for a bit in Banos as you trek into the Ecuadorian rainforest or into the Andean mountains, Samari Spa Resort is the place to go. We stayed there for just one night and can't wait to go back for more. Everything from the silverware to the lighting was arranged in a way that spelled out comfort and tranquility. The afternoon views of the green mountainside and the adjacent fog were breathtaking. There was soft, instrumental music playing all around the grounds, and it only amplified the sense of serenity as you waited for your meals at Samari's neat restaurant. The food was of high quality and delicious. The locro and ceviches are highly recommended. The staff was very helpful and kind. We were also able to squeeze in massage sessions at the spa for everybody in my group. The rooms: spacious yet very cozy, with everything from a complimentary basket of native fruits and sweets to cable TV.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family