“The owner is the best part of it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ushuaia
Martin Fierro Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #25 of 48 Ushuaia B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this little B&B right off the main street in Ushuaia.
Javier's great laid back hospitality was the greatest plus since I was travelling solo... Just one example: since it was end of the season, there was no fixed check out policy (I ended up checking out at 8pm, in time to go to the airport).
During long chats (during which I honed my Spanish skills), he provided great ideas for sightseeing around Ushuaia and advice on the best restaurants off the Lonely Planet radar. On top of that, he went every morning to buy freshly made 'facturas' (croissants and similar) for breakfast. Awesome. He even offered to drive me up to the Cerro Martial and down to the airport.

Clearly, this is no grand hotel, but very good value for money. Regarding cleanliness, there are a few trade-offs for a laid back atmosphere but overall I was very satisfied.
Would recommend without doubt.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Javier runs a great B&B/hostel that's in central Ushuaia, convenient to whatever you're planning to do. He puts together a nice little breakfast, has solid recommendations, knows who needs to be known in town and sends you in the right direction. The B&B is a cool house. We didn't hang around much to weigh the pluses and minuses of beds, cleanliness or much else. I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I agree with one of the reviewers, who commented on the cleanliness of the place. On the plus side, the inn is close to town and Javier's very charming even though he's got a temper at times. On the other hand, the place's cleanliness is a bit sketchy and spartan. Breakfast was provided on a daily basis and if you're not so picky as to get disgusted with the grime of the kitchen and table, you'll be ok. But for the price of each night there, perhaps you can find a better place.

Room Tip: If going to Ushuaia, find a better place that has clean rooms and attentive staff. The room we stay...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The best part of this place is the laid back hospitality offered by Javier, the owner. Javier was so welcoming and interesting to talk to. His English was good enough to have wide ranging conversations, and when I was using my faltering Spanish, he was very patient. I found myself missing this guy when I left.
His B&B is located a short walk up a hill off the main road. I had a room on the second floor that afforded a nice view of the street below and the bay off. The room was basic and without a private bath, but it was clean and with wifi reception. The shared baths were somewhat small but adequate. No problems with being cold, as the heat was pumping all the time. I actually had to crack a window a few times to get the temperature right.
The included breakfast was ok: bread, sweet crescents, apple, yoghurt, tea or coffee. A Spartan type breakfast seems to be the norm in Argentina.
Location is good. You are only a 5 minute walk to the waterfront, where the boats leave, and where the central information office is located. You’re a 2 minute walk from the main drag, where many of the offices are for the tour operators.
When I was there, it wasn’t uncommon for young Argentinos to be racing around the town in their cars during the wee hours. They all seem to drive small four cylinder cars, like Honda Civics, with modified exhausts that are very, very loud. I was woken up nearly every night by these spirited youth driving their noisy machines. But then again, nothing you can do about it, as you’re at the end of the world!

Room Tip: If you’ve never been to Ushuaia before, be prepared to pay a lot of money for meals and tours. For...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This B&B is incredibly convenient if you're spending some time in Ushuaia. Many hotels and B&Bs can be a bit of a trek from the town center, but here it's just a block off the main street, so it's incredibly easy to come and go.

Javier is incredibly friendly, accommodating, and helpful, and his suggestions definitely made my few days in Ushuaia even better! He was also quite understanding when I was faced with the problem that all the ATMs in town were empty! (Apparently this is a common weekend problem, so on Friday or Saturday morning, consider taking out as much cash as you'll need until Monday afternoon!)

I was traveling solo and stayed in a room with two bunk beds and a view out towards the water. The shared bath was just across the hall. The bunk itself was a little hard, so I'm not sure how well I would sleep after a longer stay, but a few days were fine.

And the WiFi was fantastic! Of the six places I stayed in Ushuaia and Buenos Aires, this was definitely the best connection!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed for a night before leaving for Antarctica.
The rooms are quite basic, comfortable enough, but expensive for what you get. The real attraction is Javier and the opportunity to visit with the other guests in the breakfast/common room. The location and views are good. There was some noise from the pub across the street; didn't bother us, but a light sleeper might be awakened.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I were just there for wonderful 5 days. We felt very much at home at this cosy B&B. The location is super convenient. We had one of the two big rooms downstairs, I know nothing about the rooms upstairs. Our downstairs room was almost a little apartment, with a separate entrance, a very comfortable double bed, private bathroom, a dining area and a kitchenette. Very comfortable for 2 people but it sleeps up to 4. Breakfast is lovely (and normally, in Argentina, breakfast is pretty miserable..) Most of all I completely concur with previous reviewers' comments regarding Javier, the owner. Charming, knowledgeable, and helpful beyond belief. Fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple