“Good. Like the Owner.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ushuaia
Martin Fierro Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #28 of 48 Ushuaia B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The best part of this place is the laid back hospitality offered by Javier, the owner. Javier was so welcoming and interesting to talk to. His English was good enough to have wide ranging conversations, and when I was using my faltering Spanish, he was very patient. I found myself missing this guy when I left.
His B&B is located a short walk up a hill off the main road. I had a room on the second floor that afforded a nice view of the street below and the bay off. The room was basic and without a private bath, but it was clean and with wifi reception. The shared baths were somewhat small but adequate. No problems with being cold, as the heat was pumping all the time. I actually had to crack a window a few times to get the temperature right.
The included breakfast was ok: bread, sweet crescents, apple, yoghurt, tea or coffee. A Spartan type breakfast seems to be the norm in Argentina.
Location is good. You are only a 5 minute walk to the waterfront, where the boats leave, and where the central information office is located. You’re a 2 minute walk from the main drag, where many of the offices are for the tour operators.
When I was there, it wasn’t uncommon for young Argentinos to be racing around the town in their cars during the wee hours. They all seem to drive small four cylinder cars, like Honda Civics, with modified exhausts that are very, very loud. I was woken up nearly every night by these spirited youth driving their noisy machines. But then again, nothing you can do about it, as you’re at the end of the world!

Room Tip: If you’ve never been to Ushuaia before, be prepared to pay a lot of money for meals and tours. For...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This B&B is incredibly convenient if you're spending some time in Ushuaia. Many hotels and B&Bs can be a bit of a trek from the town center, but here it's just a block off the main street, so it's incredibly easy to come and go.

Javier is incredibly friendly, accommodating, and helpful, and his suggestions definitely made my few days in Ushuaia even better! He was also quite understanding when I was faced with the problem that all the ATMs in town were empty! (Apparently this is a common weekend problem, so on Friday or Saturday morning, consider taking out as much cash as you'll need until Monday afternoon!)

I was traveling solo and stayed in a room with two bunk beds and a view out towards the water. The shared bath was just across the hall. The bunk itself was a little hard, so I'm not sure how well I would sleep after a longer stay, but a few days were fine.

And the WiFi was fantastic! Of the six places I stayed in Ushuaia and Buenos Aires, this was definitely the best connection!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed for a night before leaving for Antarctica.
The rooms are quite basic, comfortable enough, but expensive for what you get. The real attraction is Javier and the opportunity to visit with the other guests in the breakfast/common room. The location and views are good. There was some noise from the pub across the street; didn't bother us, but a light sleeper might be awakened.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I were just there for wonderful 5 days. We felt very much at home at this cosy B&B. The location is super convenient. We had one of the two big rooms downstairs, I know nothing about the rooms upstairs. Our downstairs room was almost a little apartment, with a separate entrance, a very comfortable double bed, private bathroom, a dining area and a kitchenette. Very comfortable for 2 people but it sleeps up to 4. Breakfast is lovely (and normally, in Argentina, breakfast is pretty miserable..) Most of all I completely concur with previous reviewers' comments regarding Javier, the owner. Charming, knowledgeable, and helpful beyond belief. Fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Ushuaia in January and stayed in this wonderful cabin with the beautiful views of the mountains, beagle channel and the town. Javier the owner is so kind and generous and makes an effort to make each guest feel completely welcome. He treats everyone as a friend and we were lucky to be invited to an excellent asado hosted by him while we were there. The breakfast is varied with wonderful pastries from a local bakery and the coffee and conversation just keep flowing!
It can get noisy from the Irish bar next door at night but that is hardly their fault so we cannot fault it on anything. We would just love an excuse to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Javier is a warm and gregarious host with a real generosity of spirit and a great sense of humour.

Initially I spent 8 days there - before a journey to the Antarctic - and returned for 2 more: something about the house with its smell of woodsmoke, ample and varied breakfasts, wealth of local artwork and relaxed atmosphere, made me reluctant ever to leave...

I loved my top floor room with its stunning views of Ushuaia and the sea and the location is spot on: just a few minutes walk from museums, shops, the sea, and buses - for further afield trips.

And, most importantly, Javier makes some of the best coffee I've ever drunk!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have own cooking facilities - top floor rooms have sensational views
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Sometimes you know right away when you have stumbled on to something special. This was the case from the moment Javier picked us up at the airport. His easy going and generous nature instantly made us feel at home. Our host knew everything about the area and really enhanced our experience and enjoyment of all the activities this beautiful region has to offer. The accommodations which he designed and built himself are very artistic and well though out.
The breakfast, including fresh pastries, is ample; and there are good views from the room upstairs. The common area has comfortable seating with a fireplace, keeping it snuggy warm on cold days. We would definitely recommend this to future travelers. Thank you, Javier, Your friends in San Diego, Darren & Alisa

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are larger with kitchette to save money and cook your own meals
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple