“I warmly recommend the place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ushuaia
Martin Fierro Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #24 of 48 Ushuaia B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“I warmly recommend the place”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I were just there for wonderful 5 days. We felt very much at home at this cosy B&B. The location is super convenient. We had one of the two big rooms downstairs, I know nothing about the rooms upstairs. Our downstairs room was almost a little apartment, with a separate entrance, a very comfortable double bed, private bathroom, a dining area and a kitchenette. Very comfortable for 2 people but it sleeps up to 4. Breakfast is lovely (and normally, in Argentina, breakfast is pretty miserable..) Most of all I completely concur with previous reviewers' comments regarding Javier, the owner. Charming, knowledgeable, and helpful beyond belief. Fantastic.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dublin
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Ushuaia in January and stayed in this wonderful cabin with the beautiful views of the mountains, beagle channel and the town. Javier the owner is so kind and generous and makes an effort to make each guest feel completely welcome. He treats everyone as a friend and we were lucky to be invited to an excellent asado hosted by him while we were there. The breakfast is varied with wonderful pastries from a local bakery and the coffee and conversation just keep flowing!
It can get noisy from the Irish bar next door at night but that is hardly their fault so we cannot fault it on anything. We would just love an excuse to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Javier is a warm and gregarious host with a real generosity of spirit and a great sense of humour.

Initially I spent 8 days there - before a journey to the Antarctic - and returned for 2 more: something about the house with its smell of woodsmoke, ample and varied breakfasts, wealth of local artwork and relaxed atmosphere, made me reluctant ever to leave...

I loved my top floor room with its stunning views of Ushuaia and the sea and the location is spot on: just a few minutes walk from museums, shops, the sea, and buses - for further afield trips.

And, most importantly, Javier makes some of the best coffee I've ever drunk!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have own cooking facilities - top floor rooms have sensational views
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
El Chalten, Argentina
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Sometimes you know right away when you have stumbled on to something special. This was the case from the moment Javier picked us up at the airport. His easy going and generous nature instantly made us feel at home. Our host knew everything about the area and really enhanced our experience and enjoyment of all the activities this beautiful region has to offer. The accommodations which he designed and built himself are very artistic and well though out.
The breakfast, including fresh pastries, is ample; and there are good views from the room upstairs. The common area has comfortable seating with a fireplace, keeping it snuggy warm on cold days. We would definitely recommend this to future travelers. Thank you, Javier, Your friends in San Diego, Darren & Alisa

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are larger with kitchette to save money and cook your own meals
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Javier is a wonderful host, very friendly and helpful. Staying at his B&B is like being home away from home. Location is perfect and the breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed November 2011
Reviewed December 18, 2011

This place is a gem. Javier is awesome and made me feel very welcome. The location is good because it is close to restaurants, museums, tours and the harbor. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2011
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Travelling by myself and after a series of bad experiences I found myself at te doorstep of martin Fierro house. Javier Jury, the owner, was incredibly welcoming and friendly, as was his nephew. I felt well looked after, and welcome into the house which has a perfect location, an artistic feel and an owner who knows everything there is to know about Ushuaia and surrounds. Javier told me "this is your home whilst your here" and I truly felt it so. Great breakfast, lovely rooms, amazing views and fantastic company! Can't wait Til my next stay. Mel, Australia

• Stayed December 2011