Travelling to Ushuaia to board a ship to Antarctica, this is the hotel that we were placed at. Getting there makes you wonder what it's going to be like as the roads are quite rough and with a little rain, it's interesting! The staff are attentive and truely try to be as helpful as possible. English is understood by most, but certainly that they're preferred way to communicate. The bar & kitchen staff are very polite, but the systems seem to ensure that nothing can happen quickly. The views though across the passage to Chile and the mountains are breathtaking. The scenery, the bay area, all stunning to photograph - although watch your footing around the rocky "beach" area. This was a lovely place to stay as far as views and serenity were concerned, but it was a taxi trip to get into town which was a bit of a pain. They do run a shuttle, but it was quite infrequent.
They are obviously used to it getting really, really cold. The bed covers are thicker & heavier than anything I've ever seen before. The weight would be enough to give me a bad night, and then there are spare blankets and wall heaters. We were there is summer and the heaters were still turned on, although we promptly turned them off - and we removed the duvet....... The rooms are comfortable, the bathrooms have everything you need, fine for a day or twos stay. Definitely book a room with a Channel view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only Luxury Resort & Spa located on the beaches of the Beagle Channel. Located at one of the most exotic places in the world, at the shore of Beagle Channel and with a beautiful view of the snow-covered peaks of the imposing Andes Mountain Range, Los Cauquenes Resort & Spa has direct beach access, and spectacular views in all areas, highlighting its unique in-out pool.. Location, distances and climate ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Cauquenes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Cauquenes Resort And Spa
- Los Cauquenes Hotel Ushuaia
- Los Cauquenes Ushuaia