“Good transit stop for Antarctica”
Review of MIL810

MIL810
Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Ushuaia
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Stayed overnight while waiting to cruise Antarctic. Very nice clean hotel situated in middle of Ushuaia. Easy access to pier and main (only) shopping street. Very limited facilities but all that was required in the circumstances. Second trip to Ushuaia and this would be my choice if (when) I go back to the white continent for the third time!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank DPK50

Reviewed September 22, 2010

We stayed at the MIL810 in Ushaia for 2 nights as part of an organised trip. We had expected to stay in another hotel but it was closed due to it being the end of the Argentine winter season and we were left feeling that the MIL810, where it was a convenient place to stay did not fulfil the expectations of our trip. That aside, the hotel was well-presented, clean and the staff were exceptionally polite and helpful.

The Mil810 is set on one of the many fairly steep terraces of Ushaia town centre and is a stones throw from the main shopping street. It is a modern complex which has been decorated in the public locations (lobby etc) very nicely with stone frontages to the reception desk and a 'waterfall' feature. Beyond that, the rooms are what you would expect for a short-stay city hotel.

The room was clean and had the usual list of features. The bed was comfortable enough and the room had a television and minibar. There was an en-suite bathroom which had everything you needed though I can't recall if there was a bath. But it was far too hot! The only way to cool the room down was to open the window and that gave us a problem of noise - Argentine young men like to customise their cars as much as any others! So, with the window closed the room heated up and sleep was a bit difficult. In addition to this the walls were very thin and so our stay was further disturbed by the noises from the other guests.

I don't believe in leaving a review on a negative and hotel MIL810 has its fair share of positive points. Breakfast is taken on the 4th floor where there is a terrace if you're brave enough to step outside into the cold. This is well worth it though, so take your camera. I have some stunning shots of the harbour area and the snow-covered Argentine and Chilean mountains either side of the Beagle Channel. Breakfast was continental in style on a buffet basis and there was a good selection to choose from. We never went hungry and we didn't really stop for more than a coffee for lunch. The staff were fantastic and spoke excellent English. They were very helpful and forthcoming in recommendations of places to visit and dine at - and we weren't disappointed.

Overall, the positives win over the negatives and, if the rooms had better sound insulation and the heating was easier to control, I would have no issue in returning to the MIL810.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lanky_lanky
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We had arrived at this hotel after having had such a bad hotel experience at the Panoramic Hotel in Iguazu Falls that I just felt so appreciative to get such excellent service. Our group checked in with Maria and she was so helpful and nice. She answered our many questions about the skiing in the area and the glacier hike. She was so accommodating in helping us arrange our activities, places to eat and making sure we got what we needed. Also a side note - her English was very good. For all the English speaking travelers Maria is the best. I can speak some Spanish but not as good as Maria understood and spoke English. It was such an ease communicating with her. The next morning when we went off on our excursions Javiar arranged our transportation to the ski lifts and he too was a dream. Friendly and helpful should be his middle name. The rooms were nice. Didn't have a problem with noise at all. All I can say is I loved my stay at this hotel. I wish all the other hotels we stayed in Argentina were as good as this one.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2009

When checking out the hotel's website I was really surprised about how hip stylish this place looked for the bottom of the world seaside town. They're accurate but with a little explanation. What you see is what you get, just on a smaller scale. Small lobby, small restaurant, small rooms. The place has a very Euro/boutique feel to it.

The big draw back in our opinion was the thin walls. You can hear everything above, below and on the sides. The street noise is a bit excessive too (and we were on the top floor).

The staff is friendly enough and the location is great (center of town 2 blocks off the main street). If you get a good price (we paid about $150 US), go for it, but better values might be had elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2009

The rooms are noisy. The people in the next room sounded like they were in our room. An unpleasant experience especially for the money they charge A$600 (US$200) per night. The breakfast is basic. There are many other hotels to stay at - choose another one for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sajehouse
Reviewed October 29, 2009

We liked staying at the hotel with its convenient location to town. Breakfast was abundant and good. The view from the restaurant was fantastic.
The room was at the smaller side. We stayed at the floor just below the restaurant and it was noisy during breakfast hours.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2009

After doing a little research on the internet I came across with the Mil810 and decided to try it in my next ski trip to Ushuaia, since I was looking for a new modern hotel located in the town center. My 7-day-stay there ended up being a very positive experience. The hotel is as shown on their webpage, small, cozy, clean and nicely furnished. The continental breakfast was very good and served in a room with a beautiful view to the Beagle Channel. The staff was young and always attentive. And the bedroom was clean, silent and comfortable. I suppose you could label it as a "boutique hotel" if they had a pool, spa or other luxury amenities. But as my girlfriend and I spent most of the days out we couldn't have asked for more. It was exactly what we wanted. I can't tell you exactly about the tariff because it came in a package with other stuff included, like passes for the ski station and transfers to the airport and to the mountain. But as a whole I found the price adequate and affordable. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I uploaded a few photos I took in order to help others check it out for themselves. I hope it's useful. See you!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple