We arrived in Ushuaia thinking that we would be spending the vast majority of our time outdoors. Instead, we found ourselves not wanting to leave the wonderful homey-ness of Tierra de Leyendas. Breakfast was a welcome departure from the standard ham and cheese we had subsisted on for the past two weeks, with fresh baked medialunas, scrambled eggs, a variety of cold cuts and cheeses as well as sweet spreads. Throughout the day, we were offered various treats, and one evening we had dinner at Sebastian's restaurant, which was also fantastic.
Other reviews have mentioned the distance from downtown as an issue--we had no problems with it. We did make the 45 or so minute walk one day, and probably would not do that again, but we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a taxi, and the fare to and from downtown was very reasonable. There is also a large supermarket just down the street from the hotel.
We stayed in two different rooms, one facing the rear and one facing the front of the property, and the views from both were phenomenal.
We are hoping to visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have created the place we would like to arrive at if we were travellers...Outside, we are surrounded by the purest views in South Patagonia.Inside, we enliven the rooms with myths and tales hidden in the timesAs a whole, a rustic style boutique hotel decorated with fine local materials, creating a warm and informal atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Tierra de Leyendas Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra De Leyendas Ushuaia
- Tierra De Leyendas Hotel Ushuaia