“Perfect honeymoon destination”

Tierra de Leyendas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Ushuaia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We arrived in Ushuaia thinking that we would be spending the vast majority of our time outdoors. Instead, we found ourselves not wanting to leave the wonderful homey-ness of Tierra de Leyendas. Breakfast was a welcome departure from the standard ham and cheese we had subsisted on for the past two weeks, with fresh baked medialunas, scrambled eggs, a variety of cold cuts and cheeses as well as sweet spreads. Throughout the day, we were offered various treats, and one evening we had dinner at Sebastian's restaurant, which was also fantastic.

Other reviews have mentioned the distance from downtown as an issue--we had no problems with it. We did make the 45 or so minute walk one day, and probably would not do that again, but we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a taxi, and the fare to and from downtown was very reasonable. There is also a large supermarket just down the street from the hotel.

We stayed in two different rooms, one facing the rear and one facing the front of the property, and the views from both were phenomenal.

We are hoping to visit again!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms on the property!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan G
There are newer reviews for Tierra de Leyendas Boutique Hotel

Reviewed December 29, 2012

we wondered where we were being taken as this place is about 30 minutes walk from down town. not a problem for us but it may be an issue for some. Lovely and tasteful guest house with English speaking owners who are very welcoming. Nice rooms with good views of sea or mountains. The owner also cooks and is an excellent chef. We ate in one night and could not have done better. Recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This place is amazing. Staff was extremely friendly. I had a problem with another hotel in Chile and they actually helped me writing an email in spanish to try to solve it. It is no big deal, but it is the kind of thing that makes a difference and shows they really care about you. Room was big, clean, and with a nice view. It is not close to the city center, but Ushuaia is not a place where you need to go to the center all the time. I stayed there in the beginning of a trip through Patagonia, and it was really unfair with all other hotels, since they couldn't get any closer to this (even the good ones). The restaurant is really really good. I would surely go there again.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Foo L
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This place is just great in so many ways. First the owners and their staff are super friendly and super helpful as well. The location, though out of the city center is perfect. The place overlooks the Beagle Channel and the views from the Immigrants Room were spectacular. The food was amazing and I would highly recommend dining there as much as possible. It was just such a great stay. The owners really take you in and make you feel welcome. I would highly, highly recommend this place. I hope to visit here again in the near future.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TexasTrecker
Leyendas, Gerente at Tierra de Leyendas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Today I went on Tripadvisor to look for some place to stay during my short stay in BA and I found this amazing review about us. Thanks for taking the time to write as it is very helpful to be known by future travelers. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay at the end of the world and we hope that from now on we are part of those unforgettable memories . All our best. Maia and Sebas and all the staff

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Had an extremely comfortable three-night stay here in November. The room was spacious, with views across to Chile, and the bathroom was spot on. Breakfast was excellent and the whole place was pristine and clearly well cared for. All of the staff were welcoming and helpful. Taxis are cheap and plentiful so getting to/from town is easy - they arrive at the hotel within a few minutes of being called. Day trip operators (I highly recommend Canal Fun & Nature - everything about them is excellent) will pick you up and drop you off at the hotel. If you haven't pre-booked trips, the folks at the hotel will book them for you. Other reviewers have mentioned the unique touches that further enhance a stay here and make you wish to return. It's a truly lovely place to stay.

1  Thank PieMidlands
Leyendas, Propietario at Tierra de Leyendas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Guest: it is our pleasure to read that you had a great stay at our house. We are looking forward to host you again! Maria and Sebas

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of November and really enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious, with great views on the channel (I would recommend requesting a Channel View room). The bed was a little hard for my taste, but my husband loved it. Breakfast was very good, with eggs, toast, pasteries, meats, cheeses and warm rolls and croissants. It was a good meal to start the day. The owners and staff were very welcoming and always helpful. They spoke very good English and were always willing to talk to the taxi drivers to give them instructions on where we were going. It is a little outside of town, so to get to the center of town you do need to be prepared to walk 45 minutes or take a taxi (which costs about 45-55 pecos). I personally liked the fact that it wasn't in the center of downtown, but that isn't for some people. The pictures of the property make it look like it's by itself with some land around it, this is not the case (I believe it is an older photo from when they were first building this area up). It is in a residental neighborhood with a house very close on one side and a road right below the back of the house. This wasn't a bother at all, it is a quiet neighborhood but some people may feel a bit deceived by the photograph. We had dinner one night and it was very good, though I thought a bit pricey commpared to some like restaurants in town. All in all I would not hestiate to recommend this property and would stay here again myself.

Room Tip: Request a Channel View Room, though keep in mind there is a road right below on this side of the hou...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Leyendas, Director General at Tierra de Leyendas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Jennifer. It was a pleasure to meet you all the way from Hawaii, we love your stay with us. Regarding the comments I just would like to add that the price of a taxi downtown at the moment is Usd7.- dollars/35 pesos at it only takes 10 minutes to get to main street from our place. I do not understand why should be important to be lodge downtown in Ushuaia. What travelers are looking for when they travel to Ushuaia? I think mostly nice views and touring around National Park, Beagle Channel. Thet do not need to be downtown for that, and downtown you find traffic, big buildings and noise 24hs.It is nice to go there maybe 2 or 3 times during a stay for a meal or to visit museums and do some shopping. I also think our taxis are the cheapest, friendliest and safest taxi drivers in the world.
Regarding the other comment about location; Yes, we are located in a neighborhood as it is mentioned on our website and when we confirmed the booking. We are not an Estancia or an All inclusive or some place similar where you are isolated. And Ushuaia is a city that is all the time growing and growing and there are constructions all over the city, from residential houses at our place to big buildings downtown. The picture shown is from last year... not so old!!!!! We will be also changing our website completely next year so I will include a 360 picture of our neighborhood to make sure no one get deceived as you might suggest even though did not happen to you. Give all my best to your husband and we are looking forward your next visit!!! All our best. Maia

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in Tierra de Leyendas and loved everything about it. iThe staff and the owners do their utmost to help and make your stay a memorable one. Our room (los immigrantes) had the best view and was beautilfully decorated. We also liked the small details like the little cards with the local history about Ushuaia. we also had dinner for two nights in a row and I must we enjoyed the King Crab Parmezan the most, it was delicious. Breakfast is also more than ok. The hotel is ideally located for the start of excursions up to the National Park. We had some snow and strong winds, but I guess that's the end of the world. We will always remember the end of the world and Tierra de Leyendas.

Room Tip: "Immigrantes "is worth the extra money.
2  Thank dd220786

I would like to say that your comment ¨We will always remember the end of the world and Tierra de Leyendas¨ means that we have achieved our goal. That is exactly what we worked every day for, so thanks for letting us know. When we built the hotel we do it thinking of that we wanted to create the place that we would like to arrived if we were travelers.. .and now we have add that we want to create unforgettable memories in guests lifes. :-) The room that you were lodge is one our our 3 superior rooms with Beagle Channel view guarantee and Jacuzzi and it has the special memory that the picture from that wedding is from one of the first croatian families that came to this land, and one of the men walking on San Martin St. is my uncle and god father. I love that picture. We are looking forward to host you again!!! Maria