“Lovely spot for excellent tea and accompanying food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Cabana Casa de te

La Cabana Casa de te
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Ushuaia
Cuisines: Argentinean, Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
“Lovely spot for excellent tea and accompanying food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped at this tea shop in conjunction with a visit to the Martial glacier . It was a welcome stop made all the better by its great selection of teas and cakes etc. We were very surprised to fine tea blends including rooibos as well as black and herbal teas. These are served in loose tea form and with teapots so the tea can be properly steeped. It was great to have such a refined (and proper) approach to tea making. Also the ambiance is great, with tables and small conversation groupings with comfy chairs.
Attached yo the restaurant is a very respectable tea shop with interesting goods available for purchase... not the run-of-the-mill souvenirs...
I recommend this stop at the end of hiking the glacier...or just for a mice cuppa anytime.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

• Hebrew first
Dublin, Ireland
“Expensive and twee; but nothing else in this hiking paradise”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

A hike around the Martial Glacier is not to be missed in this part of Ushuaia but with forward planning you could easily miss out on this tea room.
Service, while friendly, is very poor and the selection of sandwiches and deserts is nothing special. Decor can be described as twee at best.
The prices are very high for what you get; we had two small sandwiches and two coffees with Baileys and the total was $213 ARG. Even in an expensive region like Tierra del Fuego, where the majority of produce has to be shipped in, this represents a rip off.
Pack some sandwiches and bring a flask for your hike and give this place a miss.

• Visited January 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Malísima atención!!!!!!!!!....BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Fuí con muchas expectativas, ya que ví la página web y la dueña cuenta que ella empezó sola, haciendo todo ella misma...supuse(mal) que su atención sería cálida y personalizada, ya que tampoco hay muchas mesas, como mucho 15 en total...Cuando llegás, todo te invita a entrar a la Casa del té, su decoración exterior y el ambiente alrededor(tiene un pequeño río atrás, te podés quedar horas escuchando el correr del agua y la pasarías mejor que en la casa de té)....Desde el principio estuvo mal...entré y estuve esperando que me atiendan, nunca lo hicieron así que me levanté y pedí un menú yo misma...atendieron a 3 mesas que habían llegado después que yo antes que a mí...cuando al fin vino alguien, nisiquiera dijo "Buenas Tardes", sólo se limito a mirarme para que le dijera que es lo que iba a pedir....para esto ya había pasado por lo menos, 40 minutos desde que entré....ví varias mesas levantarse e irse, ya que no los atendían....cuando terminé de comer y quise pedir la cuenta, no había nadie que me atendiera, así que volví a esperar....y nada....así que me volví a levantar a pedir la cuenta yo misma....y demoraron otros 10 minutos en cobrarme....UN DESASTRE!!!....NO VUELVO NUNCA MÁS Y NO LO RECOMIENDO....nisiquiera la comida vale la pena, en otros lugares encontrás cosas más ricas....NO VAYAS!!!.....
*****I went with high expectations, and I saw the website and the owner has started her own, doing everything herself ... I assumed (wrongly) that their attention would be warm and personal, since there are not many tables at most 15 in Total ... when you arrive, everything invites you to enter the tea house, outdoor decor and atmosphere around (has a small river behind you you can stay hours listening to the running water and would spend better than in the house of tea) .... From the beginning it was wrong ... I went in and I was hoping that I meet, never did so I got up and asked for a menu ... I myself attended 3 tables who came after me before me ... when someone finally came, not even said "Good Afternoon", only just looked at me to tell him what was going to ask .... this had happened for at least 40 minutes from I came .... I saw several tables up and leave, since they are not attending .... I finished eating and wanted to ask for the bill, there was no one to care for me, so I went back to wait .... and nothing so .... I raised me to ask for the bill myself .... and delayed another 10 minutes to charge .... a DISASTER! .... good cost anymore and do not recommend it .. food .. not even worth it, in other places there are foods richest .... DO NOT GO! ......

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank CRIS111_13
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Cute little "English" tea house in Ushuaia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

This cute little place is at the bottom of the chair lift going to Glacier Martial, about 7km outside of the Ushuaia residential area. We had a drink and cake here after a hike to the glacier and back (in the summer). A lovely place to sit back, warm up, have a cup of tea and some nice cake. The tea (20 pesos for a cup) is almost a whole show, with separate cup, a tea pot on a little pillow, a dish with the tea leaves, and an hourglass to keep track of when your tea is done. There's a broad selection of flavors. I had rooibos with some fruits which was delicious. The cakes are not cheap (39 pesos a piece, 25 for half). I had a coconut and chocolate bavaroise which was delicious, but my girlfriend's ricotta with fruit cake was a bit dull and buttery. They serve scones but they seemed a bit small so we opted out.

The ambience at La Cabaña is very cutesy, the decoration is in pink and lime green. Go for the comfy chairs in the back! the wooden chairs didn't seem that comfortable.

Service was a tad slow (just one or two people on duty) but very friendly and spoke English (even though we made an effort to speak Spanish ;) I would come here again after a hike!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“A tasteless rip-off and waste of time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The place looks nice and attractive as a tea house. However, one you start ordering, eating and paying for that all you got is frustration. First of all, service did not work from the very beginning - they couldnt get orders properly or explain what the menu was actually offering. I had a 75 pesos pasta with vegetables whose portion was smaller than a starter and horribly salty, then a tasteless cheesecake. I asked for the bill twice when they instructed me to pay directly on the cashier....it seemed that the entire restaurant was there and they could not tell which bill belonged to which table. All in all: just try somewhere else.

2 Thank Daniel E