“Bad service and below average food”
Review of 137 Pizza & Pasta

137 Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #54 of 163 Restaurants in Ushuaia
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were in the mood for something different than steak at a parilla so we decided we would have dinner here. The menu looked reasonable but we were disappointed.

We ordered appetizers (soup and a salad) and wanted to split a large pizza as our main. This seemed quite reasonable to us but before we knew it the soup, salad and pizza were all dumped on our table.

The salad was soggy and the French onion soup was flavorless and the cheese melted but not grilled. The pizza was greasy and the tomato sauce was watery and tasteless.

Considering the number of great places to eat don't bother going into Pizza & Pasta

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We asked a couple of locals where we could find good Argentinian empanadas in Ushuaia, and they recommended 137. We were not disappointed! Tried a sampler of a variety of flavors, and each cost only a buck or two. Easy way to fill up for a simple lunch or snack. Didn't try the pizza, which appeared to be popular with many local customers, especially families, but we shared a generous caesar salad, which was very good - crisp romaine lettuce - but a little heavy on the dressing. Fun, fast-casual atmosphere with table service.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great little place to get an empanada or pizza. Staff was also great. Location was also very good. Crowd was a mix of tourists and locals...

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is your average pizza-pasta restaurant, somewhere you'd go for lunch but not a nice dinner. Wait staff was a bit indifferent, but I'd definitely go again for lunch.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This restaurant should have gotten five stars except for one thing. I'll get to that.

The food was excellent. The gnocchi was awsome, and their bread and spread was tasty. My waitress was bubbly, interested in doing a good job, and very likeable. Her name was Antoinella, and the owner would do well to hire more like her. She was the best waiter/waitress I've had since I've been in Argentina.

On the other hand, she was slammed with five tables, and some young waiter had to finish my table. He was a complete jerk. I wanted to tell him something after he head earlier twice corrected my attempts at Spanish, and he said, in plain English, if you want to talk in English, I'll send someone back to your table. I always manage to get the one jerk male waiter when I dine out in Ushuaia. The owner would do well to hire none more like him. Without him, this restaurant couldn't have been better. It was awesome, appropriately priced, and perfect.