“King Crab!”

Kalma Resto
Ranked #7 of 152 Restaurants in Ushuaia
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Signature cuisine in the End of the World.
Edmonton, Canada
“King Crab!”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Kalma provided what was most likely our most memorable meal during our trip to the south of Argentina. The service was beyond compare -- the chef presented every course and even provided us with a complimentary (and delicious) king crab appetizer. The roasted almond, ice cream, and olive oil dessert was unlike anything I've had before. Amazing!

• Visited December 2011

Quito-Ecuador
“GREAT FOOD”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

All I can say is YOU BETTER EAT HERE when you go to Ushuaia.

Visited November 2011
Sydney, Australia
“Ok - not up to the hype”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We dined as a result of Tripadvisor reviews. The food is quite ok. The chef discuses the menu with diners, in our case recommending the crab cakes, should have been potato cakes! The wine was excellent. To my mind this restaurant is overpriced not value for money.

• Visited December 2011
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worth the walk”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

if you want the fine-dining experience this restaurant is worth the walk up the hill

Visited January 2012
Salvador
“I didn't like it”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I went there as an indication of the trip advisor. Returned to the site to confirm the 120 comments. They treated me very well, the chef is very careful, helps with the order, comes from the kitchen to see if you are ok and update you with the preparation. The decoration is creative, cozy. But the food was no good. I took the Merluza Negra, the top indication of the restaurant. It costed 140 pesos, only the Merluza. I didn't like the fish texture, neither the taste. Incredibly disproportional to the price charged. I really am confused with the indications and comments I read here. I also went to the Kaupé. It isn't cheap either, but About 2/3 of the price here, the amount of food is about 2x, and the taste infinitely better!

• Visited February 2012