“A revised review”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Johannesburg, South Africa
“A revised review”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We previously visited La Casa (see "Dinner in November 2012"). We enjoyed the meal and returned 2 days later and I have to revise my opinion. I placed my order and to make sure that the waiter understood, I pointed to the item on the menu. My wife's order was correct but mine was not the meal I ordered. When I pointed this out to the waiter he left the dish on the table and walked away. He never came back. I ate a little of it and thought perhaps we would not be charged for it. We were wrong- it was on the bill. Terrible service and customer relations.

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
“nothing special”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We order a seafood spagetti. The spagetti wasn't good. The waiter could inform that the dishes are big and one dish serve 2 people instead 1 as informed in the menu. It is more a turistic place than a good restaurant. You will find others restaurants with a better food and price.

• Visited November 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Dinner in November 2012”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I were looking for somewhere to eat at 6.30pm and not many of the eateries here are open until later. We chanced upon La Casa and we were told that the top offering was the king crab but as we wanted something smaller we opted for the cod. It was delicious. The service was good and the price was average for Ushaia. A negative was that we were hurried to finish as the Restuarant was rapidly filling.

Dallas, Texas
“yum!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Busy, rustic, nothing fancy, but very, very good. King crab ruled the menu. Most people went for the crab soup, but the main crab and seafood dishes were just as plentiful and filling, even though they may not have looked that way at first glance. We were so full from the entrees, bread/butter, and wine, that we didn't even have room for dinner. Slightly pricey compared to other places, but worth it. Seafood is pricier in most restaurants around the globe anyway, and you've got to be able to indulge from time to time.

Visited October 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We went to Casa de los Mariscos in august 2012 and it was great. We all ordered fishes and wine, everything delicious. The waiter was very helpful and attentive. The location is great, right in the main street. The atmosphere is nice with the local feeling.

• Visited August 2012