Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

from $83.00
from $284.00
from $152.00
More Info
All reviews gable island tierra del fuego national park great company these guys small group penguin rookery canoeing driver tours mauri hike argentina franco shack esmeralda shelter lagoon
Reviewed 5 days ago

We booked a private half day tour of the Tierra del Fuego National Park with Canal Fun. We chose the company because I’d had such a great experience during a previous trip to Ushuaia in 2016, when I’d done the full day tour to Harberton (amazing and highly recommended).

Our guide, Joaquin, met us at the quay and made the whole day easy, informative and fun. He adjusted the day’s schedule to take account of the initially poor weather (which rapidly brightened up), our interests and the needs of our party (which included my 74 year old father and 17 year old son).

We saw the beautiful sites and wildlife within the National Park, had a very tasty lunch in the company’s domed dining facility (soup, chicken stew and cake with wine) and were then dropped back at our ship.

I would fully recommend Canal Fun, this tour and our guide to anyone visiting Ushuaia.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

We spent 5 days in Ushuaia as we wanted to avail ourselves of some of the activities we read about, and did several trips with Canal, could not recommend them highly enough! We did two quite long trecks, one with Anna around the coast the through the forest, and one with Joaquim across Gable island, we went canoeing both days on the river and Beagle channel with Joaquin and Maori, had a brilliant day both time, visited the penguin island, had a superb cooked lunch, all in all could not have wished for more on what was a really long day trip!! Well done guys, super impressed with your energy and enthusiasm, your doubt of knowledge about the flora and fauna, the birds and wildlife, as well as the history of Ushuaia, all delivered with tremendous sense of humour and fun! Can not recommend you all highly enough!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I had a great day with canal fun everything was organised really well was picked up felt safe while canoing. Had a get a hike in the national park guides very knolagable.
I booked direct with canal fun and it was much smoother than when I booked some other trios through agency.
They also organised horse riding for me with another company which was also excellent

1  Thank loum21
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Park and Canoes tour was so much fun, thanks to the awesome guides: Joaquin, Frasco and Pato (master chef). Since we did the tour in the "winter" (October), some of the trekking trails were closed but Joaquin picked great few trails for us to walk around the park and see everything. Unfortunately due to strong wind we didn't do canoeing in Lapataia Bay but we did it instead in the lake. Super safe and fun with great views and almost no wind. Frasco did a good job navigating us. Lunch was delicious with good wine, thanks to Pato. Canal Fun is a great company and i would highly recommend using them! Special thanks to our guides, one of the best experiences in Argentina during my travel.

1  Thank natashat612
Reviewed September 3, 2018

I found Canal Fun through an internet search for "outdoor activities in Ushuaia in August." After looking at the website, I emailed them directly to ask for more information on what we would see/do since we would visit in the winter and we do not ski. Carlos responded right away to my email and answered all of my questions thoroughly. We booked our 4x4 adventure about a month ahead of time and again, they were very responsive and professional and patiently answered all of my additional questions (how to dress ("like an onion, in layers!" do we need hiking shoes/boots, "yes!"). We were picked up at our hotel exactly when they said they would. Cami and Eduardo were the best guides - so lovely to spend the day with, very knowledgeable about the area. The off-road part was the most unbelievable part of the trip-the Brazilian military vehicle was amazing going through the mud, water, on the trails. It was so much fun. Our teenage children loved meeting the sled dogs, riding the sled and the snow cats. Lunch was delicious and Cami encouraged conversation with the other group - that day was the highlight of our 10 days in Argentina. If we could visit again, I would book another trip with Canal Fun!!

1  Thank lindyw
Reviewed August 24, 2018

My brother and I had booked the guided bus tour for Lago Fagnano trip before arriving in Ushuaia but after being there a couple of days we decided to change it to the 4x4 off-road experience and that was probably the best thing we did in the entire trip.

We began with Llanos del Castor, played with their sled dogs and rode a snowmobile through the woods.
Then, via Lago Escondido sipping mate and into the woods for the off-road part of the trip arriving at the campsite next to Lago Fagnano for lunch.

Shoutout to Camilla, our amazing tour guide. Very friendly and helpful. Some awesome conversations we had together. Eduardo, the driver/masterchef. Even with all the gorgeous views we had, that lunch at the camp was the highlight of the day. And Lucia, the super chill host at Llanos del Castor, Thanks for the dulce de leche. I did bring back a lot of it.
A day well spent with all-round awesome people.

1  Thank PrateekS05
Reviewed August 17, 2018

We left the city Ushuaia and stopped after a few kilometers to walk across the forest and reach the place for our dog sledding activity.
It was out first time and it was just great. 13 kilometers and 90 mn of slegging in a snowy landscape with Miguel and his dogs.
We could share the love of Miguel for these dogs. No shout or scream, Miguel just speak with his natural voice to them and they react accordingly. They work all together as a team and not as master/animals. Great experience ! Thank you.

Reviewed May 25, 2018

A must if you go to Ushuaia. We enjoy the trip and whole experience. We had a great day. Thank Sergio for the experience

1  Thank felixtoma
Reviewed April 24, 2018

Guided by experts and nice people, we had an extraordinary experience in a day full of surprises in an exciting tour through wonderful landscapes. Food was excellent grilled also by the guides

Reviewed April 22, 2018

All the trips excellent.
People: So cute, kindly and ready to be helpful
The guides very smarts and a lot of fun