“Great food great view”

Ranked #10 of 161 Restaurants in Ushuaia
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had dinner here prior to joining our expedition ship to Anartica. We watch the MS Expedition sail up the Beagle channel as we dined on delicious king crab followed by tierra del fuego lamb...
I booked via an email some weeks before travelling and was amazed to find our tabe duly reserved right by the window. We dined on a Saturday night ad it was busy so make a reservation if you want a window seat. Short taxi ride from ushuaia centre.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We ate at Kuar restaurant. It's about 2km out of town so you need a car or a taxi to get here. It is set right on the water's edge with superb views over the Beagle Channel. As the sun set behind us over the mountains, from our window table we watched two sea lions swim lazily by. The foreshore is floodlit and you can continue to watch geese, oystercatchers and other birds as they feed along the rocky beach. The staff were friendly and there was a good choice on the menu, including black hake, trout and king crab. Everything is cooked fresh. The Tierra del Fuego local lamb was particularly good, as was the recommended wine from the Mendoza region.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I made a reservation for 10 and ended up being the only ones in the restaurant at 8pm. I know people eat late in Argentina, but I expected a more international crowd I guess. That's nothing bad by the restaurant or experience, just saying.
The location is very nice. We came in on a cruise ship and could see it anchored out in the channel from or table. The steaks were excellent and the ambiance inside was very nice. It's a short taxi ride from town. Walkable i guess...but why?

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went there with my girlfriend. The food was great as well as the service. The view is an extra feature, as the restaurant is just by the shore. Want to go back!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was unexpectedly invited by a friend, so I went there wearing hiking shoes, jeans and a jumper. Maybe because of that the waiter seemed pretty cold and not particularly kind. Luckily we finally got served by a very nice waitress :) . The picada we ordered didn't have all the things it said on the menu (but it had some king crab extra, so that's ok). Cheese was cheap supermarket stuff and probably some of the hams too. Bread was delicious. That's all I tried, so for food you'd be better off at Ramos Generales. The view and the setting, though, are spectacular. The place is worth a visit if you don't mind paying some extra.