“A table with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maria Lola Resto

Maria Lola Resto
Ranked #6 of 150 Restaurants in Ushuaia
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Argentinean, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: SUNDAY CLOSED
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“A table with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

A super restaurant, very welcoming. I was a woman travelling solo, and I really don't like eating alone but one needs to. Here, I felt comfortable. I had the house speciality risotto (wonderful) and some excellent Malbec, AND I had a brilliant table overlooking the town, down to the docks and the Beagle Channel.
I wasn't in Ushuaia long enough to need to return but if I'm ever there again it is the first restaurant I would check out.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
São Paulo
“Presentation is not everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The ambiance, quite upscale, is much better than the typical restaurant in Ushuaia, including a beautiful view of the channel. Service is attentive, and the prices quite reasonable. The food, though, is just correct. I’ve eaten there three times in my last trip to Ushuaia; none was a bad meal, but neither a very good one.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank cesartj
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Patagonian King Crab in Ushuaia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were down to play the Southernmost Golf Course on the planet and stumbled upon the Lola while on a walkabout. We were not disappointed! We both ordered the Patagonian King Crab offering for both starters and the main courses. Unbelievable! Local beer, great selection of wine and crab.....we ate and drank ourselves into a state of Nirvana. A bit pricy but worth every Peso. We will be telling stories about this to our grand kids.......

• Visited April 2013
Redondo Beach, California
“Decent food, beautiful view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Situated on top of what resembles a slightly scrappy vista, Maria Lola has a driveway like an estate, an approach that makes you feel like you're ambushing a trailer (bad idea to make your kitchen's back door the first thing customers see!), and a front with great glass windows and a breathtaking view of Ushuaia that is absolutely to die for.

Maria Lola is worth a visit just for the view, but be prepared for slightly overpriced food. My lomo was a bit overcooked, paired with a weird raspberry sauce and didn't taste very fresh. I've heard the seafood is good, but I didn't get a chance to try it so take my rating with a grain of salt (which my lomo could have used...) Then again, the service and ambiance screams fine dining, and the food is comparable to most of the middle-of-the-road Ushuaian offerings at worst. So if you're in Ushuaia for a few days and want a beautiful romantic dinner experience, I would still definitely recommend Maria Lola.

• Visited April 2013
Sydney, NSW
“Great meal -amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Had dinner here one night in Ushuaia. A friend had been there for lunch and loved it so much that they wanted to go back for dinner. I understand why.
The calamaria entree is beautiful and the rest of the seafood is amazing. Desserts a must.
A little up market, but worth the money and the wander up from main street.

Visited April 2013