“Excellent local place”
Review of Ramos Generales

Ramos Generales
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Ushuaia
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 22, 2013

On the waterfront, the building is original. The pastry is good and the ambience as well. Good for food, or a coffe with cakes

Write a ReviewReviews (2,543)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is where I had my initiation to drinking Mate the real way. Quite an experience! They had nice pastries and croissants.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

After standing in the door for 10 minutes with no one looking at us, we seated ourselves

We had to call the waitress to order
The drinks came about 15 minutes later

I received my appetizer while my friends received their main course (who does that?)
I then had call the waitress to remind her that I was still waiting for my main course (my friends had long finished their meals)

We then had to call the waitress again to ask for the dessert menu, and finally the whole thing took so long that we left without eating dessert... or leaving a tip. Very frustrating experience.

Service wasn't poor, it was non-existent.

1  Thank elementworlddotcom
Reviewed February 11, 2013

As some others have remarked the service is very very slow. After waiting for over 30 min for mere sandwiches we were told we should expect delays from the kitchen. Since not even the drink had made its way to the table yet, we thought better to move our hunger to a different place. However, the interior is very pleasant and well worth a visit (on a full stomach, that is).

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The place has a nice setting and good food (I could finally have some decent cheese!), but the service is very slow (I've been here several times) and the mate is terrible (very small cup, not enough mate, water too hot). Better stick to the "European" part of the menu I guess.
Good pastries too!