“A great place to stay”

America del Sur Hostel
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed 4 nights in this hostel. I got a warm welcome already on the internet while making my reservation.
This hostel is a great place.
The real welcome was warm too, explanations about the hostel, about Calafate, etc.
It is a rather big hostel. Big sitting area, my room (a room for 4 with a private bathroom) was really nice and spacious. I enjoyed it a great deal.
I have, though, 2 comments:
1. In the room there is not even a chair to sit on (or a small table). Is it done on purpose? A part of a concept or slmething???
2. The kitchen is too small and not equipped enough. Could have been very helpful to have salt and pepper, oil and vineger, some spices etc. It is annoying and very uncomfortable to buy or carry with you those things while travelling.It will probably help this very nice place to become number one, as they defined their goal.

Room Tip: Important advice concerning El Calafate: it is MUCH cheaper to book your tours IN Calafate and NOT i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in this hostel and I have to say that it was excellent! The staff was so friendly and very helpful. They help a lot organizing trips, pick up services and bus tickets. The hostel is a very cosy place to stay and you feel so much at home, especially if you have been travelling already for a while. Rooms are very nice and clean as well as social areas and kitchen. Floor heating was amazing after having suffered a lot from the cold winter in argentina. The best place I have stayed in three month of travel! Dont´t miss it!

Room Tip: i slept in a dorm, all dorms are they same, 4 beds and an indoor bathroom
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hostel features all the amenities a tired, weary traveller needs. If you are fresh and well-rested, it's just as good. Nadia explained personally all the info. I needed without any prompting. She explained the bus times for el Chalten, booked it for me, gave me a brief run-down of the town and was such a pleasant individual that I immediately liked the place even before I went to my room or had any other experiences there. Then after getting soaked at the Perito Moreno Glacier the cook had prepared a barbecue, fit for Henry VIII himself. We ate and ate. It was excellent--unlike my stay in Holland where one got the least bang for his Euro, here the price you paid was well worth it!!! I enjoyed it and plan to return again when time & opportunity permit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The best thing is that they take their job serious and make you feel welcome. They introduce themselfs, shake your hand and remember your name! Very personal and makes your stay pleasant. There are enough places to sit and meet people. They organize barbecues which are good! The rooms are a bit small and we were lucky that we were at the end of the hallway so we didnt hear the noise. Breakfast is included but simple (as everywhere else)

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hallway
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I loved this hostel!!!

The staff were lovely and very helpful. They were happy to organise tours and have a chat (though wont in your face).

The rooms were large, airy and clean (& cleaned daily).

The kitchen is a decent size and although it is a large hostel, it had a friendly, family vibe. There is a chill out area upstairs and a large dining area downstairs.

It is located about 10 minutes by foot from the centre of town, but to be honest, this was not a downside. There's a great restaurant next door and lovely views.

I can't recommend is hostel highly enough. Thanks for a great stay guys!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great hostel. The atmosphere is great, the staffs English is perfect and everything is clean. The wifi got a bit slow when there were loads of people using it but thats always the case. Best hostel I stayed in so far.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My travelling buddy and I spent 3 nights at this hostel either side of a hiking trip in Torres Del Paine national park, Chile.
We did not make a reservation, but they were more than happy to take us on anyway. We had a nice orientation talk and then got set up in our 4 bed mixed dorm (with ensuite) that was comfortable and pretty warm.
I managed to forget a bunch of clothes the first time we were there, and sure enough when we got back they were there waiting for me in a labeled bag!
The staff here are great - lovely and no nonsense.
My only suggestion would be a bit more variety at breakfast!

Joe