My husband and I stayed here for two of our nine nights in Argentina (we also visited Bariloche and BA). This was our least favorite hotel of the trip and we left El Calafate really regretting our stay at Los Sauces. There were some positive points, but in the end we just felt like we paid way too much. The positives: service in the club house (one of the two restaurants) was excellent, I liked my massage in the spa, the grounds were well maintained, walking distance to downtown. What we didn't like: our room and the other areas of the building reeked of perfume and when we asked to move, we were told the other rooms would likely be the same. The place was deserted, the beds, linens and decor were fine, but not five star, and the front desk seemed generally indifferent, certainly not invested in our experience. It all added up to an impersonal, mediocre and very overpriced experience. Two things we highly recommend in El Calafate are the "Big Ice" tour of Perito Moreno and Patagonia lamb (we had ours at Casimoro Bigua).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOS SAUCES Casa Patagónica opened in September 2007 to become the luxury hotel in El Calafate, gateway to Parque Nacional Los Glaciares. Its privileged location, its breathtaking views to Mount Calafate and Lake Argentino and its original concept of Casa Patagónica with 38 exclusive Suites distributed in 5 independent and separate Casas make it unique. A natural garden of willows and rose hips, crossed by Calafate small river, where nature is live and breathed, just 300mts from El Calafate main street.Casa Patagónica & SuitesIts 38 Suites are distributed in 5 Casas Patagónicas conceived with a private Living-room with fireplace offering complimentary tea, coffee & petit fours to guests and 6 to 10 Suites. Each Casa recreates the hospitable and refined spirit of the Patagonian farms of the beginning of the last century, making guests feel like at Home in Patagonia Each Suite has its own name, color and a distinct feature which distinguishes it from the rest. They have incense floors, barracan knitted upholstery, porphyry walls and authentic leather details. Paintings by well-known argentine artists, carefully selected furniture and chattels complete the decoration of each Suite. The latest hotel technology is present in each and every bedroom, furnished with telephones including NDD & IDD access, Wi-fi internet, TV LCD 42´ and Hydro in bathrooms. SPA LAS PIEDRAS, LA COMARCA Restaurant & LAS NUBES Club HouseThe Casa SPA LAS PIEDRAS completely made of stone has an octagonal format. Each side of the octagon hosts 2 rooms for body and facial treatments with Stendhal Paris products, as well as a Relaxing Room, Saunas, Scottish Shower, Jacuzzi Room -2 indoor/1outdoor- and a full equipped Gym.The Casa LA COMARCA Restaurant offers a delicious gourmet experience discovering the flavors of the End of the World, its elaborated Menu invites to enjoy suckling patagonian lamb or the tasty products from freezing and deep southern seas, fueguine spider crab and southern hake. The Casa LAS NUBES Club House, with fantastic views of Lake Argentino and Solitaria Island, is the place to enjoy daily Breakfast as well as the Library and Playroom lounge in its first floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Los Sauces Casa Patagonica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Sauces Casa Patagonica Hotel El Calafate
- Los Sauces Casa Patagonica El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia