My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. As another reviewer stated, the rooms are designed poorly. It was very hot when we were there and there was no cross ventilation in the room. The rooms would have been much nicer with a balcony or terrace. We asked for a fan, which helped. The furniture is not functional. There is no closet, only an armoire that had to be closed with a key. The wooden chest of drawers stuck so much that we never used it. The bathroom shower was great as were the toiletries. The breakfast at the clubhouse was excellent as was dinner at the gourmet restaurant. We did not eat dinner at the clubhouse. The bicycles provided for guests were terrible. Another guest warned us that there were no brakes on the bike he took out and, as a result, he almost collided with a truck. The brake pads were non-existent. When we asked for assistance with the bikes, the maintenance personnel were sent, but it was obvious they did not know how to fix bicycles. The next day, all but 2 of the bicycles had been removed for "repair." If the hotel is going to advertise free bicycles for guest use, they should hire a bike shop to maintain them. We rented fantastic bikes from HLS in town. The hotel is very convenient to town and the grounds are pretty. Some of the staff is helpful while others are not. The wait staff in the gourmet restaurant was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOS SAUCES Casa Patagónica opened in September 2007 to become the luxury hotel in El Calafate, gateway to Parque Nacional Los Glaciares. Its privileged location, its breathtaking views to Mount Calafate and Lake Argentino and its original concept of Casa Patagónica with 38 exclusive Suites distributed in 5 independent and separate Casas make it unique. A natural garden of willows and rose hips, crossed by Calafate small river, where nature is live and breathed, just 300mts from El Calafate main street.Casa Patagónica & SuitesIts 38 Suites are distributed in 5 Casas Patagónicas conceived with a private Living-room with fireplace offering complimentary tea, coffee & petit fours to guests and 6 to 10 Suites. Each Casa recreates the hospitable and refined spirit of the Patagonian farms of the beginning of the last century, making guests feel like at Home in Patagonia Each Suite has its own name, color and a distinct feature which distinguishes it from the rest. They have incense floors, barracan knitted upholstery, porphyry walls and authentic leather details. Paintings by well-known argentine artists, carefully selected furniture and chattels complete the decoration of each Suite. The latest hotel technology is present in each and every bedroom, furnished with telephones including NDD & IDD access, Wi-fi internet, TV LCD 42´ and Hydro in bathrooms. SPA LAS PIEDRAS, LA COMARCA Restaurant & LAS NUBES Club HouseThe Casa SPA LAS PIEDRAS completely made of stone has an octagonal format. Each side of the octagon hosts 2 rooms for body and facial treatments with Stendhal Paris products, as well as a Relaxing Room, Saunas, Scottish Shower, Jacuzzi Room -2 indoor/1outdoor- and a full equipped Gym.The Casa LA COMARCA Restaurant offers a delicious gourmet experience discovering the flavors of the End of the World, its elaborated Menu invites to enjoy suckling patagonian lamb or the tasty products from freezing and deep southern seas, fueguine spider crab and southern hake. The Casa LAS NUBES Club House, with fantastic views of Lake Argentino and Solitaria Island, is the place to enjoy daily Breakfast as well as the Library and Playroom lounge in its first floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Los Sauces Casa Patagonica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Sauces Casa Patagonica Hotel El Calafate
- Los Sauces Casa Patagonica El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia