First impressions are said to be all important and we didn't start off well. We were allocated a corner room when we had ordered and paid for a corner suite - we specifically requested the suite having seen the rooms on the hotel's own web site. When this was raised with the officious (as opposed to professional) management they started by claiming they were the same thing until I showed them the photos on their own site, at which time they reluctantly agreed that we would move. As the only suite available needed to be cleaned, we were asked to wait and they would call us when it was ready - we rang them after about 90 minutes and eventually we moved after waiting around for two hours. No apology was ever offered for what was really a try on!
Once we settled things began to improve. Aside from management, the staff were all very attentive and ever willing to assist. Staff at the Clubhouse were especially good, with Mateus (?) worthy of special mention. Breakfast was OK, without being as good as some mention on this site. We dined in the gourmet restaurant and were surprised at how expensive it was - food was good and the service was great as we were one of only two couples there. We dined at the Clubhouse on our last of three nights and thoroughly enjoyed the food, the wine and the usual excellent service. The NYE dinner on our first night (again in the Clubhouse) was expensive but particularly good - it's a shame they only do this style of thing for special events!
So, the suite we had was large as we wanted and rather old fashioned, which is fine. The furnishings are of good quality, although the excessively heavy drapes are a bit over the top. The property itself is quite large and without a map can be a bit of a challenge for a day or so. Not too far from the town centre, the hotel is nice and quiet, which is a real plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOS SAUCES Casa Patagónica opened in September 2007 to become the luxury hotel in El Calafate, gateway to Parque Nacional Los Glaciares. Its privileged location, its breathtaking views to Mount Calafate and Lake Argentino and its original concept of Casa Patagónica with 38 exclusive Suites distributed in 5 independent and separate Casas make it unique. A natural garden of willows and rose hips, crossed by Calafate small river, where nature is live and breathed, just 300mts from El Calafate main street.Casa Patagónica & SuitesIts 38 Suites are distributed in 5 Casas Patagónicas conceived with a private Living-room with fireplace offering complimentary tea, coffee & petit fours to guests and 6 to 10 Suites. Each Casa recreates the hospitable and refined spirit of the Patagonian farms of the beginning of the last century, making guests feel like at Home in Patagonia Each Suite has its own name, color and a distinct feature which distinguishes it from the rest. They have incense floors, barracan knitted upholstery, porphyry walls and authentic leather details. Paintings by well-known argentine artists, carefully selected furniture and chattels complete the decoration of each Suite. The latest hotel technology is present in each and every bedroom, furnished with telephones including NDD & IDD access, Wi-fi internet, TV LCD 42´ and Hydro in bathrooms. SPA LAS PIEDRAS, LA COMARCA Restaurant & LAS NUBES Club HouseThe Casa SPA LAS PIEDRAS completely made of stone has an octagonal format. Each side of the octagon hosts 2 rooms for body and facial treatments with Stendhal Paris products, as well as a Relaxing Room, Saunas, Scottish Shower, Jacuzzi Room -2 indoor/1outdoor- and a full equipped Gym.The Casa LA COMARCA Restaurant offers a delicious gourmet experience discovering the flavors of the End of the World, its elaborated Menu invites to enjoy suckling patagonian lamb or the tasty products from freezing and deep southern seas, fueguine spider crab and southern hake. The Casa LAS NUBES Club House, with fantastic views of Lake Argentino and Solitaria Island, is the place to enjoy daily Breakfast as well as the Library and Playroom lounge in its first floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Sauces Casa Patagonica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Sauces Casa Patagonica Hotel El Calafate
- Los Sauces Casa Patagonica El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia