A friend who'd been there suggested this hotel and it was great. They gave us a room with a view on the lake and the scenery was just spectacular. To wake up each morning with such a view and so up close was so unique and just one of the best memories of our Patagonia trip. The hotel itself is very alpine in the wooden look and feel, wooden beams etc, and at the lobby there is a great fireplace where u can sit and read a book or just njoy the view of the lake. The decoration is also quite arty...instead of paintings on the walls you get bathtowel-made creations. The indoor swimming pool is great (especially after a windy walk outside) and again with great bay windows overlooking the lake. Breakfast was great too.
Regarding the location, it is the one hotel that is far from the town centre, but that said, it was an easy and quick walk (in the nature) to and back from the town centre, and there was always the option of the free hotel shuttle service. Personally, i liked being in the middle of nowhere but still at walking distance from the town.
At the reception they offer various deals with local agencies for tours and excursions which we found very helpful and who accepted payment both in USD and/or card payment. As these excursions start very early in the am, you are better off dealing with the hotel reception the night before rather than waiting for the agencies to open the following morning. This way u make sure you have an activity/excursion plan for the next day.
Would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Calafate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated about one mile from El Calafate downtown, the Design Suites Calafate is an excellent choice for guests who seek tranquility during their holidays.This boutique hotel is located in the upper area of the Nimes Peninsula, where you can admire the low vegetation, hills and lake invite during a pleasant walk. If you want to visit the city, the hotel offers a shuttle to downtown on a regular basis.As a guest of the Design Suites Calafate, you will have free access to the heated pool, sauna and gym. In addition, the hotel provides a health club and spa treatments in order to optimize your relaxation during your stay.A restaurant and a bar provide meals and drinks from the morning until late at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Design Suites Calafate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Design Suites Calafate Hotel El Calafate
- Design Hotel El Calafate
- Design Hotel Calafate
- Design Suites Calafate El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia