Our family of 4 (two rooms - one with cama matrimonial and the other with 2 twins for our teenagers) really enjoyed our recent 2 night stay in Patagonia Rebelde. We were greeted with a driver awaiting us at the airport (prearranged) and a cold drink at the hotel. Our suitcases were brought up to the 2nd floor for us by Dino, very kind and attentive. That evening, while visiting with some other interesting guests from Germany and also from the US, Roy (at the desk) helped us find transportation to the glacier (850 pesos for entire day in a remis with Matias) and we reserved a delicious and filling lunch (50-60 pesos) while at the glacier, not having to waste time in the one restaurant in the national park. Two days was a perfect stay for us to explore the Glaciarium and the Ice Bar (timed tickets sell out fast) and the cute town (yes, it is touristy but clean and lovely with some interesting stores and great chocolate. Try out Laguna Negra at the end of the avenue!) Extra info: if "mini-trekking" is of great importance to you, reserve ahead of time through the one company that offers this - Hielo y Aventura. We did the one hour boat ride and were very pleased with that experience! We hope to return at another time of year with both sets of our parents who will love the antique nature of the building, the comfortable bed with crisp sheets, the strong and hot showers, the generous breakfast buffet (incl waffles with roquerfort sauce and fresh squeezed peach juice!), the quieter side street, the relaxing main room on the main floor and the excellent service. A great value and lovely place to be for your explorations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Patagonia Rebelde, Posada + Historia, is the ideal option for tourists who want to discover the true essence of the old Patagonia. Constructed and decorated with recycled materials and traditional Patagonian design, this magical building will enchant guests by taking them back 100 years in time to experience the spirit of the pioneers of Patagonia. Twelve rooms with modern comforts create a cozy backdrop which is true to the authentic design and the original experience of these lands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Patagonia Rebelde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patagonia Rebelde Hotel El Calafate
- Patagonia Rebelde El Calafate, Argentina