We spent 3 nights here after 9 weeks of touring around Indochina and S America. We have stayed in Raffles, Sofitel and Orient Express hotels, but in none have we been made to feel more welcome than in this little shack up a dirt track road in the middle of what looks like an industrial estate. The 2 ladies who seem to rotate duties in managing the hostal were delightful and as helpful as they could be. One of them, on finding out that we we diabetic, brought in some sugar free jam from her home for our breakfast.
Access to the town takes 5-10 minutes by foot with a slight incline on return. Prepare to get dusty.
We stayed in the quaintly named Matrimonial Suite, which wasn't a suite at all but was about 20% bigger than the other rooms. The bathroom was a cupboard and there was no room safe but we wouldn't have been better looked after in any other hotel and are so pleased that our tour operator booked us in there despite its lack of stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Patagonia Rebelde, Posada + Historia, is the ideal option for tourists who want to discover the true essence of the old Patagonia. Constructed and decorated with recycled materials and traditional Patagonian design, this magical building will enchant guests by taking them back 100 years in time to experience the spirit of the pioneers of Patagonia. Twelve rooms with modern comforts create a cozy backdrop which is true to the authentic design and the original experience of these lands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Patagonia Rebelde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patagonia Rebelde Hotel El Calafate
- Patagonia Rebelde El Calafate, Argentina