“Wonderful experience!”

Esplendor Hotel El Calafate
Ranked #11 of 70 Hotels in El Calafate
Reviewed December 29, 2013

From the moment we entered the stylish reception, we were impressed. The staff is very courteous and helpful, the rooms are beautifully decorated and very comfortable, and we enjoyed the spa after a day's outing to the glaciers. Thank you to Gabriel in the bar for making our stay special.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake-facing room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fën H, Gerente at Esplendor Hotel El Calafate, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Liora,
It´s a big pleasure to talk with you again!
I greatly appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with TripAdvisor.
Your nice comments encourage us to continue working on providing high quality accommodations and services.

There are newer reviews for Esplendor Hotel El Calafate

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel with cool decor, a great view over town and comfortable beds.
It's only a ten minute stroll into town and a good base for Patagonian activities.
Downsides; The pool is small, is frequented by screamy children and really smells of sulphur. Also, there's a bullet hole in one of the window panes but suspect that's just El Calafate. N.b. Be prepared for the number of friendly stray & abused puppies in town as it's quite distressing. Please feed them scraps as they mostly die in the cold winters, once tourists leave. There's apparently an underfunded 1 person dog rescue charity, if you want to make a donation.
All in all, good value for money hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
Fën H, Gerente at Esplendor Hotel El Calafate, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Wilson,
Your comments encourage us to continue working on improving the quality of our accommodations and services.

I will definitively share them with my staff!!

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights and was impressed by the staff. They were helpful, spoke great English and nothing was too much trouble. In general I am not 100% the hotel is a genuine 4star but it is in a decent location and the rooms were large and clean and furnished in a funky way. There was a penchant for crocheted covers and antlers. The rooms were very warm but on the plus side the wifi was good. Breakfast is pretty basic and there were signs indicating they did not appreciate you taking food away, presumably so they can sell you a lunchbox. The other negative they could do something about easily was the toilet paper - very poor quality! However, overall I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Lissand!
I will definitively share them with my staff!!!!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Hotel Esplendor is not a bad hotel, I enjoyed my stay there. My room overlooked the lake and was modern and clean. Internet was free and even though a little slow at times, I was still able to make skype calls and write emails. The breakfast was very decent, with fresh croissants, cheeses, scrambled eggs and fruits.
The location worked for me, within 10 min walk from Ave Libertador, the city's main street. You can possibly find similarly good hotels closer to the city center but there will be a 30% price premium, so the location was good for the price paid.
There are however some areas for future improvement: the 3rd floor rooms are very hot, the SPA shower has a weird sewage smell, the night personnel at the reception doesn’t pick up the phone when somebody tries to call you. Therefore, I give 4* instead of 5.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Fën H, Gerente at Esplendor Hotel El Calafate, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Marina!
I will definitively share them with my staff.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Gravel driveway, grand decor and entrance, super slow elevators, comfortable huge rooms and amazing bed. The furnishings are very unique and modern. The pool smelled funky and felt slimy. Breakfast was great, with lots of pastries, eggs, juice, cereal, breads. We wanted to sleep in on our last day but they wouldn't budge on the 10am check-out. The location is really far from the main street, uphill- best only with a car.

Dear Occasional Travels:

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is a spacious, modern hotel with views across to the lake and mountain. It's just a 5 min walk into town, up a (small) hill. Rooms are spacious and very comfortable! Slept very well during our stay.

Decent breakfast selection and large dining area. We liked the bar area too. The staff were very helpful during our stay, particularly when we had to return after checking out when our flight was cancelled!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Fën H, Gerente at Esplendor Hotel El Calafate, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Laura,

I will definitively share them with my staff!!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at Esplendor El Calafate in November. The location to the town was perfect as it was just a short walk down a hill. The views from the front entrance were great as you have a nice view of Lake Argentina. The rooms were very clean, large, and modern. Our room was much larger than expected, which made for a comfortable stay. I didn't use the spa, but the indoor heated pool was a perfect way to end a day. Everyone at the front desk spoke English and was very accommodating. I would stay here again next time in El Calafate.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Fën H, Gerente at Esplendor Hotel El Calafate, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear David,

It´s a big pleasure to talk with you again!