The hosteria is out of town on the hill overlooking the main town, but in a part of ever-expanding town where the paved roads haven't quite reached but no detriment to the hostel and don't let that deter you if you don't mind a walk - it however may be off-putting for some when you might have to walk the distance in the rain. It's a little walk into town but it's under the kilometre. I found reception friendly, helpful and accommodating - always giving us our messages such as pick-up times etc. for the next day. Rooms are smallish but comfortable - some glasses or cups or even a chair in the room would be nice. Bed was very comfortable and the bonus for us is having the quietness at night without traffic and/or people noises echoing up to your room from the streets. Sheets a little on the thin side but as with all the linen always very clean and fresh smelling.
A good Argentinian breakfast - bonus for me was the croissants were fresh - crispy and soft inside and not cold and hard as they were in some larger hotels. A very nice fruit salad - others I've had from larger hotels were either made too far in advance and the fruit was browning or they supplemented the fresh with too much tinned.
We would definitely stay here again for the quietness and comfortable beds. We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed them all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Brand new hosteria is the place of choice for visitors to El Calafate. Come to Hosteria Puerto San Julian. All you need to bring is your dream of a wonderful vacation...We'll take care of everything else for you. ROOMS: spacious and sunny rooms with cable TV, private bath and hair drier. SERVICE: personalized attention. Bilingual personnel. Tour assistance. Internet Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hosteria Puerto San Julian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Puerto San Julian Hotel El Calafate
- Hosteria Puerto San Julian El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia