After Iguazu and Buenos Aries we were prepared for a let down, how wrong we were.
We arrived at The Eolo in El Calafate ,it is heaven on earth. It is a laid back Relais Chateaux hotel not super luxury though in fact it was my favourite hotel in our South American trip.
The hotel is set among breath taking scenery without a building in sight. Our room no 12 was quiet with the most relaxing view ever.
The staff called us by our names and could not have been more helpful.
All round the hotel are picture windows overlooking a divine lake.
There are many activities,walking, riding and visiting the fantastic glacier at Perito Moreno.
The food was the best we had on our 3 week tour which was brilliantly organized by Nick French of 'The South American Specialists'.All his guides were first class as were the hotels
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit, Relais & Chateaux, is located within an "estancia" of 4,000 hectares (10,000 acres) between El Calafate, Argentina, and the Perito Moreno Glacier. With only 17 room, it offers the most exclusive accommodation of the area with a remarkably complete experience, affording a comfortable and luxurious window onto Patagonian life. Eolo.... Luxury of the simple thing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit - Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eolo - Patagonia`s Spirit Hotel El Calafate
- EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit - Relais & Chateaux El Calafate, Argentina