Eolo was, in all ways, a great experience for us. We have been there for the second time at the end of 2012 and early days of 2013. Our reservations were fully honoured, as in the first time, and we got two rooms, being one for my daughter and her 2 children and the other for myself and my wife.. The hotel is definitively a boutique hotel and is located in a big "estancia" (farm) and has fantastic views. There's nothing near, so if you are a city person, perhaps you'll find it too lonely. But that's exactly the Eolo's idea: you are in Patagonia where everything is vast, with plenty of land around you. The rooms are quite nice, furnished with authentic "estancia" furniture. They have everything you may need except TV in the room which may be a problem to some travelers. Maid service is perfect and your room is cleaned when you return from breakfast, which is something you cannot expect in other hotels, even the 5 star ones. They offer many fantastic sightseeing tours, horseback and bike ridings, etc, so that you can spend well your time. A minimum of 4 nights would be required if you want to enjoy everything that El Calafate has to offer. The rates at the hotel include breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, which are very good. The Chef is, inded, quite talented and offer an interesting blend of french and argentinian cuisine.The menu changes everyday. If you don't wish to have lunch, they offer instead a small bag with a picnic kind of meal, which you pick from a special menu. No added costs.However, all beverages - wine, liquors, etc.- are charged separately and prices for them are rather high. The staff, under manager Valentim, gives a real treat at all times.Nonetheles, I have found one problem with Eolo: the lack of variety and, perhaps, even quality, in their breakfast. It does not match at all with everything the hotel offers. The itens placed at the buffet are very poor, badly presented and almost never replaced in due time. As there's only one waitress to serve the tables and supply the buffet ,it lacks things, like fruit, cheese, etc. I have noted the same problem the first time I was there. I think that Eolo should pay attention to this matter.Other than that, I fully recomend Eolo if you can afford the prices, which are, I'm afraid to say, rather high, but quite worthy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit, Relais & Chateaux, is located within an "estancia" of 4,000 hectares (10,000 acres) between El Calafate, Argentina, and the Perito Moreno Glacier. With only 17 room, it offers the most exclusive accommodation of the area with a remarkably complete experience, affording a comfortable and luxurious window onto Patagonian life. Eolo.... Luxury of the simple thing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit - Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eolo - Patagonia`s Spirit Hotel El Calafate
- EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit - Relais & Chateaux El Calafate, Argentina