I stayed in Eolo in April 2012. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, set in desert-like surroundings, the lobby as you come in is looking out to a beautiful landscape of mountains and grazing cows. The room was beautiful, with large windows all around for maximum view. I would recommend to stay at either the oveja (sheep) room or on the other side I can't remember the name of the room but it is called after a type or argentine bird, sounds like comrode or something... it's by the library. These two rooms are the best and have extra views because they are corner rooms. The rooms were very private, good sized bath (though took forever to fill) and great l'occitane toiletries. Great wi-fi. I haven't tried the spa but there is only 1 small treatment room, if more than 1 person want a treatment they can do it in one of the empty hotel rooms. The wine list was very good, not bad prices. The food was excellent, especially dinners. The hotel also had a small inside pool but more symbolic than useful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed for 3 days and as for El Calafate, my husband and I went on the 8-hour boat trip to see the different glaciers. It was gorgeous and a great experience. They don't serve much food on it but the hotel gives you a nice packed lunch. Also bring a book or something to keep you occupied if you get a bit bored in-between glaciers. We booked V.I.P tickets which gave you a special roomy place at the top front with max 20 or so people with its own outside space, well worth the extra money since the regular space is like a bus and I couldn't imagine spending 8 hours there. Also we did an excursion to walk on a glacier, it was about 2.5 hours and it was one of the most beautiful things I've even seen in my life. You must do it if you go to El Calafate. But also you need to bring your own lunch, which Eolo provides.
The breakfast at Eolo was very good. There's a buffet plus a-la-carte, but excursions and activities normally start early and it takes time for the a-la-carte to arrive, so I would recommend to order your a-la-carte breakfast in advance for a specific time in the morning so you won't have to rush or waste time.
I would absolutely go back again to this hotel, one of the better places where I stayed, it is luxurious (but not pretentious) and beautiful, the activities are excellent, El Calafates' glaciers are a wonder for the eyes and the food and wine are as they should be in Argentina!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit, Relais & Chateaux, is located within an "estancia" of 4,000 hectares (10,000 acres) between El Calafate, Argentina, and the Perito Moreno Glacier. With only 17 room, it offers the most exclusive accommodation of the area with a remarkably complete experience, affording a comfortable and luxurious window onto Patagonian life. Eolo.... Luxury of the simple thing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Orbitz so you can book your EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit - Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eolo - Patagonia`s Spirit Hotel El Calafate
- EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit - Relais & Chateaux El Calafate, Argentina