We stayed at Alta Vista for 3 days in late November and we were the only 2 guests mid week. The hotel is indeed "out of the way" but that is part of the beauty of the place. The horses were wonderful, the rides spectacular. The hiking was thoroughly enjoyable. Rooms were spotless and very comfortable. The meals were well prepared and well portioned. Tamara and Federico were gracious hosts and very accomodating regarding any of our special requests. The service was exceptional. If hiking and horse back riding is not your ideal, then you might want to consider an alternative. Having said that, even if you don't care for those activities but would like a place to relax and chill out, this could be it. Overall, we would highly recommend Alta Vista.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostería Alta Vista is located in Estancia Anita, one of greatest extension in the region, with 28,000 sheeps and 75,000 hectares. 45 Km away from the Perito Moreno Glacier and 30 Km away from El Calafate. Incomparable landscape that surrounds its, summarizes the geography of the Patagonia: the mountain range of the Andes, the immense steppes, lakes, forests and majestic glaciers. The Hostería has horses and mountain bikes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HRS, Orbitz, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Hosteria Alta Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Alta Vista Hotel El Calafate
- Hosteria Alta Vista El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia