Located about 30-40 minutes outside of El Calafate, Alta Vista is indeed remote... if that is what you are looking for you will enjoy every minute of it. We spent four nights there and fully enjoyed the hiking and horse riding activities offered by the Hosteria... we never ran out of things to do and our only regret was that we got to the end of each day without having found more time for vacation reading. The staff paid attention to detail and went out of their way to meet special requests. With just 7 rooms it has the ambiance of a home, we got to know other quests at cocktails before dinner and meals tasted home cooked... The sous chef shared a number of recipes with us. If you enjoy hiking and horse riding, I would urge you to by-pass el Calafate and go straight to Estancia Anita and Hosteria Alta Vista. That said, if your are not the outdoorsy type there are probably better options in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostería Alta Vista is located in Estancia Anita, one of greatest extension in the region, with 28,000 sheeps and 75,000 hectares. 45 Km away from the Perito Moreno Glacier and 30 Km away from El Calafate. Incomparable landscape that surrounds its, summarizes the geography of the Patagonia: the mountain range of the Andes, the immense steppes, lakes, forests and majestic glaciers. The Hostería has horses and mountain bikes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HRS and Travelocity so you can book your Hosteria Alta Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Alta Vista Hotel El Calafate
- Hosteria Alta Vista El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia