There are some things to like and other things that make this an average hotel.
The "likes." Very isolated away from the traffic noise. Beautiful country setting with sheep and horses wandering the grounds. An easy 15 minute walk to the city center. The restaurant is nice if you want to eat there and next to that is a rather large sitting area for visiting, reading etc. The room are comfortable and have good views out the window. Enough space not to feel crowded. A good size closet. The beds, pillows and bedding were comfortable. The windows opened for good temperature control. The decor of the hotel was pleasant and inviting.
The "average." The rooms need some upgrading, especially the bathrooms. Very little shelf or hanging space there. The shower leaked onto the floor despite trying every trick. The controls didn't work well and it was hard to control the temperature. We were with a travel group and those that ate at the hotel had a three hour dinner. The breakfast was a best average and the staff had difficulty keeping the buffet replenished.
All in all a nice stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 6 blocks from downtown El Calafate, Kau Yatun Hotel & Estancia brings you closer to the history of the pioneers of the Patagonia Argentina. From the hand of the protagonists, stories and customs will make you understand even better the magic of this wonderful place enjoying the comforts of a 4-star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotel.de, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Kau Yatun Hotel & Estancia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kau Yatun Hotel El Calafate
- Kau Yatun El Calafate
- Kau Yatun Hotel & Estancia El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia