This hotel was recommended by the friends with whom we were travelling, who had stayed there before, and it proved to be a very good selection. The reception was extremely efficient and the room was well-appointed, clean and comfortable - as we were going on full-day trips on both the full days we were in El Calafate, these were the main criteria, together with the ability to have a look around the town on the day we arrived and the morning before we departed. From this last point of view the location of the hotel was excellent, two blocks off the main street (which could have been quite noisy) yet within walking distance of all amenities, and also with nicely shaded grounds. In addition the location meant that the coaches for the trips picked us up at the door.
The breakfast room/restaurant is across the street, which was fine in the good weather with which we were blessed, but would have been less pleasant in a cloudburst!! The breakfast was fairly good, but certainly not exceptional, and although we did not use the restaurant for dinner, we did consider it one evening, but found it so empty and lacking in atmosphere that we went elsewhere. The only other point I wish to make is that we took packed lunches on our two trips, the first one provided by the hotel and the second by a little cafe (La Lechuza) on the nearest junction of the main street - the latter was significantly more palatable and only just over half the price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of El Calafate, very close to Argentino Lake and Down Town. It has spa facilities, an indoor Swimming pool and free Wi-Fi in all areas.The guest rooms at Posada Los Alamos feature heating, as well as a minibar and cable TV. Rooms have views of the organic garden and the mountains beyond.An extensive breakfast buffet offers a choice of American, Argentinean or Patagonian food. La Posta Restaurant serves a menu of international and regional specialties, including Patagonian lamb. The hotel also features two bars.Los Alamos provides a full range of modern spa facilities and an indoor pool with ceiling-to-floor windows. The hotel has its own small 18-hole par 3 golf course. Also can arrange trips including horseback riding and exploring the Moreno Glacier.El Calafate Airport is 12 miles away and transportation are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Posada Los Alamos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Los Alamos Hotel El Calafate
- Posada Los Alamos El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia