We spent a lot of time researching a place to stay for 3 nights at the end of Feb as a place to sleep during a very hectic trip, and think it would be hard to find better in El Calafate for what we wanted. The hotel is a bit old fashioned but you need to understand it within the context of the town - anything contemporary would not work at all. The hotel is very large and we had a room on the 4th floor under the eaves right above the entrance. There was no a/c because I guess it is cold for most of the year, but when we went it was warm and the room was too hot so we had to sleep with the window open all night - not ideal when all the dogs and other wildlife outside don't understand the need for quiet at night! We slept with ear plugs which helped.
The best bit about the hotel is the spa - really big indoor heated pool, jacuzzis, sauna, steam room etc. - just what we wanted after tiring hikes. In fact the spa was basically a god send to rest and revive tired muscles and limbs.
The breakfast had plenty of selection but we didn't think it was very good really on the whole - although they do have sparkling wine! They made us a packed lunch to take on one of our trips which was basic but did the job - they have a number of options to choose from.
It's only a 5 min walk into town too which meant we could get out to dinner even though we'd returned from trips quite late.
Overall though, I liked it. 4 stars is perhaps a tiny bit generous - it's maybe a 3.5 but a cursory glance at the other accommodation in the town suggests this is probably one of the better options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of El Calafate, very close to Argentino Lake and Down Town. It has spa facilities, an indoor Swimming pool and free Wi-Fi in all areas.The guest rooms at Posada Los Alamos feature heating, as well as a minibar and cable TV. Rooms have views of the organic garden and the mountains beyond.An extensive breakfast buffet offers a choice of American, Argentinean or Patagonian food. La Posta Restaurant serves a menu of international and regional specialties, including Patagonian lamb. The hotel also features two bars.Los Alamos provides a full range of modern spa facilities and an indoor pool with ceiling-to-floor windows. The hotel has its own small 18-hole par 3 golf course. Also can arrange trips including horseback riding and exploring the Moreno Glacier.El Calafate Airport is 12 miles away and transportation are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Posada Los Alamos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Los Alamos Hotel El Calafate
- Posada Los Alamos El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia