“Try both dishes with risotto!!”
Review of Mi Rancho

Mi Rancho
Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in El Calafate
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mi Rancho is a small restaurant which operates in a historic house of 1944. Its 100% homemade food is made from regional raw materials. The old clay oven where the bread is made and some dishes stand out. The place is small so it is advisable to book in advance due to the high demand season.
Sao Paulo, SP
“Try both dishes with risotto!!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I went to this restaurant because it was close to the hostel I was staying and had some good reviews here. It was one of the most delicious dishes I ever had, so I had to come back the next day. Really, try the lamb or the ossobuco, you will not regret!!
The owner was a very nice person, he even had a picture with Maradonna from 20 years ago!

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Does not live up to its #1 ranking”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We went here our first night in El Calafate based entirely on its ranking on Trip Advisor. At first we were quite pleased with what looked like a good menu, decent prices and what looked like good meals being served to other patrons. However, when we got our meals we were quite disappointed. We were in Argentina for a month and this was the worst steak that I had by far - full of gristle and just not very tasty. My partner was also not happy with her meal. We much preferred all of the other 3 restaurants we went to and thought that Casimiro Bigua was the best (although a bit more expensive).

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Derek W
Tubize, Belgium
“No creditcards”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The boss tried to cheat us. The food and wine were exellent, but when we asked the bill the chief said: no creditcards. Because it is very hard to become Argentina pesos we asked to pay in dollars. That was not a problem till the moment he gave us the rate of dollars. We were there at 20 november 2014, at that moment the official rate was 8 pesos for 1 dollar, and we received only 6 pesos for one dollar. It was horrible, how to make from a beautiful evening a nightmare

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank jos_ruth
New York, New York, United States
“Terrible”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I am at a loss at how this place arrived at such a high rating.

There is no tap water at this restaurant so you have to order bottles. Fine. We ordered 4 bottles. The waitress arrived with one bottle, and poured a few drops of water into each glass. Unbelievable. We ordered 4 cokes and experienced the same thing.

We were so thirsty, and I cannot understand why it was so hard to understand that we want four bottles, let alone why it's so hard to just offer tap water. It wasn't easy to order, either. We were ignored and had to flag them down.

The owner also seemed peeved that we didn't order any wine.

The empanadas were outstanding, however, and we loved them.

The pizza was ok, but cold.

In short, I have a hard time believing this is the best restaurant in El Calafate. We had a 100x better experience at Quido just outside of town. This was one of the most bizarre restaurant experiences I've ever had.

• Visited November 2013
Woking, United Kingdom
“Good food and service but very warm inside”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I had read the reviews and we were not disappointed. I had trout and my other half had lamb stew.  The wine that the manager recommended was also good with a nice basket of fresh bread on arrival. The only thing I would mention is that it is very small and with the large clay oven the main room is really warm. My tip would be ask for a table in the second room but this might be challenging as there are only four. Well worth a visit. Glad we went there. Book in advance.

• Visited December 2013