“OK - bit bland”

La Lechuza Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 119 Restaurants in El Calafate
Cuisines: Italian, Argentinean
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“OK - bit bland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

The service was good and the restaurant had a good buzz to it. We had a nice wine, but the pizzas were frankly a bit bland. Still, we were tired and hungry and this fitted the bill for what we needed that night.

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Juan Capistrano, California
“Excellent risotto but not so great on the rest....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

La Lechuza is a cute and well located restaurant on the main street in El Calafate. They accept reservations. My risotto was excellent, however, the lamb dish my husband ordered was terrible. It was so tough and over-cooked he could only take a few bites. We found that all the restaurants we ate at in Argentina like to cook meat and chicken dishes until they are tough and dry to the point of being inedible. The restaurant might be OK if you stick to dishes without meat in them. Atmosphere inside was nice.

• Visited January 2014
Manama, Bahrain
“Deplorable, wouldn't go again given the chance”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

This place seems to have it all wrong..
Strike 1: after ordering I had to fetch my own cutlury as I couldn't get the waiter's attention.
Strike 2: the ambiance was terrible, they had one Pink CD that kept playing over, and over, and over! No wonder the staff is grumpy.. I would be too if I had to listen to that all day.. And I had to listen to it twice, since the service was very slow (strike 2.5)
Strike 3: I discovered that the salmon I order was too raw in the middle after eating half of it, I asked for it to be recooked, which it was after 10 minutes, but it was brought back on a bare plate that didn't have any of the sauce that was in my original plate..
Deplorable is an understatement, would never have gone there had I known half the above was going to happen.

• Visited January 2014
Ampleforth, United Kingdom
“Average food & service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We started the meal badly by not being allowed to sit at an empty table in the window but eventually got our way when we started seaking in spanish. Its that sort of place - you have to go with the flow. Food was average but the service was definately above average. You could probably do better for pasta in the town - but its not that bad.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Alternative Christmas dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

The most gorgeous glass of Malbec and a beef cannelloni made with slow cooked shredded beef...a divine dinner for Christmas Day! Very efficient service and nice atmosphere. Good prices too!

Visited December 2013