“nice hotel”

Marcopolo Suites Calafate
Ranked #42 of 70 Hotels in El Calafate
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Breakfast was above expectations, rooms quite big and clean. Locations is OK if you can climb the 111 steps in the staircase that connects downtown to the hotel street. After getting up early to visit the glacier and enjoying a rewarding dinner this can be a bit of a nuisance. Taxis are an option.
Our room was nice but a bit too hot, heating was not easy to manage. Also, the wifi signal is weak, even in the two PC provided by the hotel in the public area.
They offer very nice lunch bags that I recommend reserving the night before you go on daytrips.

Room Tip: They have rooms on ground floor and 1st floor. NIce view from 1st floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marcela_MDP

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My experience was really bad. First we got to the hotel and we had the reservation charged before we got there. Ok, but as soon as we open the room door, o my god, we wanted to get running out off there. We slept one night, and by the morning, in WINTER how a hotel doesn't have hot water. That was unacceptable, we called the reception and they said, everyone is taking a shower so wait until it is hot again. How can anyone answer that, if you have a trip planed and you have to get ready. Then we went to have breakfast, and they didn't have enough tables, the plates where none, and also they were almost out of everything, and breakfast wasn't over. So if you want to stay here, RUN and find another hotel. They charge me for 3 nights, I only stayed 1, because I ran to find another hotel in the city. Today I am staying on a really nice place. They should return me the money for the other 2 nights.

Room Tip: really worst place to stay
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Chia122
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I found that the best thing about this hotel was the people working there. They were always very helpful in answering my questions, setting up my excursions, and setting up my transfer to the airport. The room was clean and simple. The tv and wi-fi worked. It isn't on the main drag, but it is close enough that there is no room to complain. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Marc0p0l0S, Director Comercial at Marcopolo Suites Calafate, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for the review!!!!

We hope you can come again some time!

Best Regards

Marcopolo Suites El Calafate

Reviewed April 30, 2013

budge type hotel. think it used to be a best western because the pillow cases still have best western printed on them.

the good:
- nice, quiet and clean
- friendly staff, helpful on planning tours and sightseeing
- a short taxi ride away from the bus station in the town center
- the front desk also sells chilled soda and beer
- unique concept of safty box - you can lock up the whole cabinet! hope nobody has a spare key.
- has a manu from a local restaurant for delivery. we ordered a pizza because we didn't want to take the walk to town in the dark. it was delivered shortly, other than it was luke warm, it was tasty.

the bad:
- there's pretty much nothing to do around the hotel
- walk to the town center a bit tricky - need to take a long stairway down the hill. no visible signs telling you where the stairway is. you just have to walk staight to the left after you are out of the hotel and pass a patch of bare dirt land before you see the rails of the stairway. a cellphone with gps will help

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for the review!!!!

We hope you can come again some time!

Best Regards

Marcopolo Suites El Calafate

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are ok, the staff is really nice, and the common areas are ok. But the breakfast is totally poor, terrible juice, old bread. The wifi was very slow too.

Think that is possible to find better places for the same range value.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed in this Hostel as our room in other Hostel had problems, and we were transfered to Marco Polo. It was the best thing that could happen to us as this Hotel (it is more an Hotel than Hostel) is way better than the other one. The room is great, clean, comfortable and the carpet was impressible clean.
The breakfast was better than the other Hostel, it was quite complete.
So, I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I booked a dorm room which turned out to be a standard hotel room with four beds. The beds and bathroom of hotel standards were dream-like to a regular hostel booker. I though the location was just a bit further than other hostels until I met with friends staying in other hostels and I realized the bargain I got. Nice helpful staff. I wish I could have a room like this at this rate (about $20.00USD) everywhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo