Having stayed in many hotels in many places in the world, none of us can remember any with better service than Los Ponchos Apart. They were gracious and hospitable throughout our three night stay but went really above and beyond the night before we were scheduled to make a somewhat complicated trip (involving a bus to Rio Gallegos to catch an internal flight and another transfer to a very remote location on the east coast). My husband discovered that Sol Air had his old passport number and couldn’t change it and might not let him board the plane. The wonderful staff at Los Ponchos spent many hours solving this for us: by phone and on line, saving us from a disruption that would have wrecked the remainder of our family trip. This on top of many other services: restaurant recommendations and reservations, taxis, help with excursions, a surprise bottle of champagne for my birthday: altogether surpassing the service we’ve had in hotels costing several times as much. It is also a lovely, peaceful place to return to after adventures around Calafate. The same simple, harmonious taste evident in the owner’s antique poncho collection is apparent in the lobby and rooms. The small kitchens are clean and outfitted with exactly what you need and nothing more. Though it required taking a taxi to dinner, we were happy to be away from the very touristy center; we also were the last picked up and first returned from the ice trek and trip to Estancia Cristina. While the view to the lake is not pristine (a half built hotel marks the real estate bubble), the dogs chasing cars driving past give you a feeling of being in a place where people live. Worth every penny and much more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOS PONCHOS APART BOUTIQUE, is located at 2 km from the downtown of El Calafate, between steppe and glaciers. You can live a unique experience in our cozy rooms, decorated with Hispano-American art pieces that connect the guests to our cultural identity. From the ten wide and comfortable rooms you can enjoy the impressive view of the lake Lago Argentino and admire the beauty of the Patagonic skies. In Los Ponchos we work to make our guests feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Los Ponchos Apart Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Ponchos Apart Boutique Hotel El Calafate
- Los Ponchos Apart Boutique El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia