Posada Newenkelen
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$95
$68
$61
  • Breakfast included
Miyazato Inn(El Calafate)(Great Value!)
$60
Hotel Kosten Aike(El Calafate)
$112
$96
$61
$74
$70
Santa Monica Aparts(El Calafate)
$140
$98
TripAdvisor
$116
Orbitz.com
$105
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I spent 3 nights in Posada Newenkelen with my husband and my two children and it was really great: the rooms are very spacious, brand new and very nicely set and there is a stunning view of the lake and the mountains. Veronica, the owner is very nice and takes great care in making everything (the rooms, the breakfast, the atmosphere ..) as pleasant as possible. She is also a good painter and there are her paintings both in the rooms and in the common area. The breakfast is good, with both sweets and salted things and done in a very nice veranda. I would definitely recommend it and will surely go there again. The fact that it is a bit out of the center, is an advantage (from my point of view) since it is a very short and pleasant walk and it offers a more quite setting.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank maviflo
Reviewed December 22, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 13, 2012

From my point of view: you get a great value for the money. The host is very friendly and helpful! The rooms are clean and warm. Bathroom is clean and fully functional. You can see that the owner puts attention to the place and keeps tidy, clean and even kind of "homey".

The breakfast offers cereals with milk, bread (with a toaster next to it), nice warm croissants, good tasting jelly, butter, cheese, jam. Besides, you can drink coffee, milk or tea. We were there in spring, so we got some nice little flowers on the table every morning (small details that makes the whole thing better).

The rooms are just fine. You get all what you need. As I said, they are clean and tidy. What else do you need? There is one thing: the beds are indeed kind of hard.

I would surely return!

Room Tip: We stayed at the far left room (perspective: standing in front of the breakfast room). This room had lots of light during the day (and could be perfectly darkened for sleeping). It is a corner room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ignacio P
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I wouldn't say this place was Shangri-la, but it was a nice little place to stay. The owner Veronica is very nice and helpful, and know that you're going for a B&B experience. Absolutely worth the price. The lack of a lobby is something we knew about, so it didn't bother us -- we really just wanted some isolation and the main drag in Calafate is my worst nightmare - too full of kitschy shops and loud...why would I want loud noise in Patagonia. Great views, too.

The barking dogs annoyed me a little, and that this is on a bit of a hill, but those were minor inconveniences. I probably wouldn't stay here if walking or mobility are issues for you. If you need a ton of hotel services, this isn't the place for you.

Room Tip: Room 4 is in the corner, and has double picture windows.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I'd like to put my review in another perspective. Please note that this B&B costs about 50 Eur per night. So in that perspective it is not bad, but saying it is a fantastic place is going for me a few steps too far...
What I liked:
- Clean
- Friendly host
- Not expensive

What I liked less
- Only cash is accepted
- Very basic rooms
- Steep VERY dusty 15 min climb from town
- Breakfast is minimalistically limited, coffee to be improved
- Dark rooms, hot in evening, very cold in the morning. Floor heating is centrally controlled for all rooms
- Very, very firm mattress
- Low water pressure
- Dogs barking through the night, keeping you awake
- Breakfast only starts at 07.00, a bit too late if you want to start early
- View is indeed at the lake but it gets interrupted by shabby houses...
- No communal area to relax
- I have tried the Pichon restaurant next door, and to be honest I did not enjoy as much as other reviewers. The meat was not tender and did not have much taste...
- I have also watched the sunset that others talk about but again did not think it was very lovely either... It does not set above the lake as I hoped for...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple