“Nice spot in El Calafate”

Restaurante La Cocina
Ranked #27 of 120 Restaurants in El Calafate
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Colorado
“Nice spot in El Calafate”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I and a friend recently enjoyed a very pleasant meal at La Cocina. Because of an early morning flight, we arrived at the restaurant just as they were opening, so no problems with waiting to be seated. The staff was friendly and helpful, and we were all very pleased with our dinners, and especially a wine from a Patagonian Vineyard called El Fin del Mundo, which was delicious and reasonable. We all had pasta, and each one was quite good, well prepared and served at a very pleasant pace. All in all, we enjoyed our meal at La Cocina and thought it was a good value in a very pleasant atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great squash ravioli, cold pizza”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My friend loved her squash ravioli, but my pizza was served cold. There was absolutely no excuse for this as the restaurant had only 3 tables occupied.

Service was good, but I would go elsewhere for a better meal.

• Visited October 2012
“What a rip-off!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We decided for this restaurant for the nice menu we could read outside the restaurant. Two pages of pasta, one page of pizza and plenty of salads to chose from. A nice change after a few days of meat-based dinners. The place is nicely furnished, warm and has a touch of Italian style. I ordered a pizza and my wife a mixed salad, and both had a glass of wine with our meal. Warm bread was served with the wine, a very nice thing. But then: we had to wait 25 minutes to be served; my pizza, a 18 cm (7 inches) size, was cold and I asked the waiter to please warm it up. Another 10 minutes wait and finally I could eat what by far was the worst pizza of my life. And, as an Italian, I had plenty in my life. The service was pretty bad, with two waiters more interested to spend time with the bar tender than to pay attention to customers. At the end, we had a bill of 174 Pesos, 38$ at today exchange, a real rip-off. I wouldn't go back to this restaurant even if it were for free.

Austin, Texas
“Really good!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I loved the food here! From the breads to the pasta. Service was good, and the price was right.

Visited May 2012
London, England
“A busy trattoria with friendly service”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This is a family restaurant serving meats, pasta, salads and fish with a nice trattoria atmosphere and friendly service. I had escalope Milanese with ham and cheese and fries. The wife had trout and salad. The portions were huge. With a glass of wine the bill came to 204 pesos (£32) .
It's what I call a straight "up and down" trattoria; don't expect haute cuisine but the food is decent enough.
TripAdvisor does not allow a GOOD rating, only very good or average. Nothing in between. So I would give this a GOOD rating, not a "very good".

• Visited February 2012