“Great place to stay at for budget price!”
Review of I Keu Ken Hostel

I Keu Ken Hostel
Cape Coral, Florida
“Great place to stay at for budget price!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

After having arrived from Ushuaia and what I considered a nice hostel, I had a "moment" when I saw my room. There was no ladder to climb to the top bed - well, I wanted to leave there and then (have no idea what got into me). Ignacio was wonderful. He changed me so that I could use the bottom bed - talk about patient. Please know that I am only referring to one dorm - I have no idea what the others looked like.

Ignacio helped me with a "cabalgata", which turned out to awesome.

Breakfast is simple - bread, coffee, tea, hot chocolate - let's not forget the butter and jam. It is not bad. Fills you up.

Bathrooms are sort of small, I think, but they do their job. There is plenty of hot water.

I did not use the kitchen facilities.

We had a December 25th dinner and it was fab!

I liked this hostel and will definitely stay here again -very helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The staff at the hostel is outstanding. They are friendly, always with a smile, and they are very helpful and knowledgeable. The place in itself isn't super central, but it's only a 10 minute walk to town. The private rooms are nice and come with a kitchen. The wifi is great, and the place has a good overall atmosphere. Definitely recommended.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Great place to stay, supermarket right next door, 10 minutes walk to the center, staff was very helpful with organizing trips to glaciers, horseback riding and transfers, the assado was very delicious and cheap and the view from the hostel is just breathtaking! Rooms were a bit small but very clean!

Bremen, Germany
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Nearly on top of El Calafate with an amazing view. Excellent and very friendly, helpful stuff. Bedrooms are clean and the bathroom too. The kitchen could be a bit re- equiped.
The breakfast was good and sufficient. The price in a 4 Dorms a 110arg$ fair.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My hostel in El Chalten (a lovely place with the most limited internet access and phone lines that don't really work) helped me book a room at I Keu Ken just before I boarded the bus to El Calafate. They told me that they knew the owners and that it would be a great place to stay at. 4 hours later (by 10.30pm) I got into El Calafate and walked to the hostel. The receptionist told me there were full and that she had to give away my bed because I didn't send a confirmation email. When I told her that my hostel called her and that I was on the bus so I couldn't send her any email, she became very aggressive and told me that people who call don't show up but that people that send emails do. I was basically left without a room because of technological disagreement. She eventually helped me found a room in another hostel with much lower standarts that will be very uncomfortable for the next two nights! In three months of travelling, I have never seen anything like this in a hostel. What a disappointment!

2 Thank Jessica C
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay, a pity they are in El Calafate, where there's not much to do apart from visit the Perito Moreno. The place is kept very well, clean, with very good breakfast and nice music.Staff is extremely friendly and helpful,  with great choice of activities to do. As said, unfortunately most of them are not in El Calafate(a very turistic town offering not much apart from turistic expensive shops), which makes anything quite expensive.

• Stayed November 2013
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The strength of this place is the helpfulness and guidance of the staff. They´re great. Other than that, a stock standard hostel with a great view. If you want something smack bang in the centre, this is not it. It´s a little walk up the hill, but the views are pretty bloody amazing as all the reviews say. It has a relaxed vibe. I had ´the honeymoon suite´, which was really good. The supermarket up the road is massive and brilliant for stocking up before you launch off to El Chalten (a must must!!!). The breakfast was very basic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo