We stood for 2 nights at this Hotel and enjoyed every second. Location is perfect, 15 minutes outside the City of El Calafate, in a breathtaking surrounding. Easy to tour the glacier from there as you will be the last to be picked up in the morning and first to be dropped off in the afternoon. Rooms are pretty unique and individually designed, I guess one could call them "quaint", though really nice. Breakfast is fine and dinner very good. You can do horsebackriding right from the Hotel but you could also just sit outside and enjoy an incredible view to the Lago and the mountains. Carola and the rest of the staff are very nice and helpful and with Sonia they even had one who spoke fluent German (plus 4 more languages). We do highly recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 20 kilometers away from El Calafate, on the same way to the Perito Moreno Glacier, is an old sheep farm named "El Galpon del Glaciar". The establishment is surrounded by 3,5 kilometers of shore of the Lago Argentino and by 1,5 kilometers of riverbank of the Centinela River: both offer an ideal environment to enjoy activities in contact with nature. Welcome. We will be waiting for you to know and to enjoy Patagonia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your El Galpon del Glaciar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Galpon Del Glaciar Hotel El Calafate
- El Galpon Del Glaciar El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia