“Great mountain getaway!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mormon Lake
Mormon Lake Lodge and Campground
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mormon Lake
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Mormon Lake Lodge is a great cabin getaway in northern Arizona. We have stayed 3 or 4 times over the last few years and have always have a great time. The cabins are on the rustic side - but if you are looking for four or five star hotel amenities this is not the place for you. But, we continue to go back because of the serene location, beautiful scenery, great cabins, friendly service, great steakhouse & great hiking trails. We will continue to go back for years to come!

Room Tip: Ask for an Elk View cabin. They have great panoramic windows & private back decks that face the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed in the #50-60 cabins with a group of friends (total of 7 rooms). When we checked in, the front desk person was more interested in eating her lunch than assisting the guests. We asked for directions on where to find the cabin and the person pointed and said "up there." The cabin room was awful...cracked shower floor that leaked into the bedroom and bathroom area; the carpeting hadn't been vacuumed; the linoleum was dirty, cracked and curling up. When we asked about getting clean linens, we were told there was a sign in all cabins that said to put dirty linens on the floor and they would be replaced. No such sign was in any of the cabins. They finally brought the linens very late in the afternoon. The bed was only full-size and very uncomfortable. My husband said it was the worst bed he had ever slept in. One of the couples in our group stayed in an ADA room. The bed was so low that the gentleman had a very hard time getting up from the bed. The couple asked if they could put another mattress on top to raise the height of the bed. The lodge's solution was to put small wooden blocks under the bed frame "wheels", which didn't work because the next time he sat on the bed, it moved and the bed fell off the blocks. His wife managed to lift up the bed and get the blocks under two of the wheels on his side of the bed but left her side on the floor. She was told they didn't have another mattress.

The restaurant food and service was good and prices were fairly reasonable. The area around the cabins was good; had a nice bar-b-que/fireplace with wooden cover overhead. Very conducive for a large group.

Room Tip: Ask for a queen size bed at the least!! Full size beds are very small and uncomfortable!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank Klinkmeister
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I *tried* to book a cabin at this place (on a Tuesday), but they DON'T ANSWER THEIR PHONES!!! I called 8x between the hours of 9am and 3pm - no one ever answered! I left a message (finally!) and then NO ONE CALLED ME BACK!! They are not overly busy - I know they have vacancies (wonder why? -> bad service!), so all I can attribute this to is POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! Will go somewhere else, since this place is pretty much a dump after looking into it more.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank TJ_Frog
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I had the best Mother's Day weekend at Mormon Lake Lodge. I went with my husband and 3 yr old for the Mother's Day Package (night in cabin, dinner and brunch for 2). When we got there it was like driving into a little western town that you see in the movies (post office, store, saloon, steakhouse and Zane Grey Museum). The friendly staff greeted us with smiles and the Lodging Manager Tamara was awesome!

Our room was a Pine View Cabin with a fireplace which was so relaxing it really made us feel like we were in the country. It is very peaceful here. We walked their trail with our 3 yr old and loved it! There is a petting zoo, horses, buffalo and a playground amongst the simple beautiful scenery of the country.

The Steakhouse is a rustic restaurant with picnic table seating with western memorabilia on the walls. Our servers at lunch, dinner and brunch were great! The food was delicious, the french onion soup is the best I have ever had! The Rib Eye and Ribs were spot on. At the Mother's Day brunch there were flowers to Mom's on arrival - the spread was a festivity of deliciousness - Mimosas, rib eye, mahi mahi, large shrimp cocktail, on the spot omlettes of your choice, eggs benedict, biscuit and gravy, scalloped potatoes, soup, pasteries, salads, etc. and a variety of delicious deserts.

I am truly relaxed today after this memorable weekend. I do want to note that prior to booking, I did check trip advisor and saw some ok and poor reviews, but felt like I needed to check it out for myself and I am happy that I did. I am really surprised that there were any bad reviews here. Everyone from the GM, Lodging Manager, Cleaning Crew, Wait Staff, Store employees and Horse handlers were very attentive and genuinely friendly which is refreshing. I felt like I was part of a family here and recommend this place to everyone. It was so relaxing and comfortable here, at night it was so quiet and the sky was filled with a blanket of stars. We have a new tradition - definitely Mother's day here yearly and can't wait to come back in the Summer, Fall and Winter as often as we can get out of the city!

Room Tip: Pine View Room w/ Fireplace
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank NYRAZAN
Reviewed February 26, 2011

My wife and I decided to try the steak house and saloon because some friends in town had talked about it. After the 30 min drive, we were hungry for a good meal, which was not what we got. We were not greeted at our table until we got up to find someone, and were treated like we were a bother. Our waitress was Ashlee, and we found her to be overly rude and careless with our order. Our beverages were never brought to our table the entire time we were dining, and when our food arrived, it was completly wrong. My wife did not eat any of hers but Ashlee still charged us for it, then didn't return with our change...
We were very dissatisfied with how we were treated and will not be wasting another 30 min drive any time soon to visit again.

• Stayed: February 2011
10  Thank Vaughn2
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I had read the trip advisor reviews, so I sort of knew what to expect. It was just great. The service was excellent. The room was small, but what do you expect for 64 dollars. It was clean and functional. Next time we will bring a cooler and plan to cook out. The restuarant was excellent! The prices are not out of line and the food is top notch. I can still taste the prime rib, it was awesome. Lake Mary is close by and there were lots of people out fishing. This is a great place for kids to run and play in the woods. If you don't fish or ride quads or horses, you'll need to bring your own entertainment. No phones or TV's in the rooms, I'm not sure about the cabins. We plan to go again soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2010

I read all of these reviews before going and I'm somewhat grateful as my expectations were low.
We are bad planners so we faced Spring Break with no plans. I had heard of Mormon Lake Lodge but never been. I called with less than 24hours and they had a cabin. I chose the 'Pine View'. We were traveling with two young boys, I asked if there was still enough snow for snowmobiling they said at least 1.5 ft, okay!
We get there for our snowmobile ride at 1 and they had a few problems that made our ride postponed for 1.5 hours. We just played in the snow, sled and then warmed up in their steakhouse by the fire.
We had our guided snowmobile tour which was great! Beautiful pristine snow, fun going fast all good. The manager was wonderful to us and upgraded our cabin to a family cabin due to the lag in our plans. It was awesome. Big livingroom with two full sized couches and lounge chair, nice sized kitchen four person table with extra chairs, one bath, two big bedrooms: one with double bed and one with two sets of bunkbeds with full beds on the bottom. The boys were happy! Our bed wasn't too comfortable for us but we are spoiled. And I thought they had street lights outside my window but when I got up and looks it was the stars in the sky. Really, really bright!
The only thing I wasn't thrilled about is they had Direct TV. I really wanted to get away from all things with screens. Again the boys were happy. They supplied checkers and a table to play on - we took 'Pit' and Pictionary. But mostly we played in the snow. Great little sledding hill right outside our cabin.
We did eat at the steakhouse. The decor was great very lodgey. The Saloon and Steakhouse are basicly the same. They weren't serving dinner the night we were there but again accomodated us by cooking us some steaks. Good basic food. Good beer and booze. Cute and well stocked general store. They had all the fixings for smores but no fire. Bummer. I guess I could have nuked it.
Second day we drove into Flagstaff (about 30 minutes away) and had lunch at Diablo Burger. Rarest burger I've ever eaten yet delicious. Amazing Frites! All it was a great trip - I'm looking forward to a summer visit - great hospitality!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Mormon Lake Lodge and Campground? Share your experiences!