“Great chilled out atmosphere.”
Review of Hostel 41 Below

Hostel 41 Below
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great place to stay. Very helpful staff, clean rooms and bathroom. Nice common room. Ski clothing available to rent. One of the best hostels I've stayed at in south america and definitely the best breakfast!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank JackH27

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great hostel. Cozy and people very helpful. Bit rainy right now and kitchen doesn't have steel wool or freezer but wifi is great. Common room cozy and extensive book collection. Close to everything. If coming from out of country bring lots of money to change. Rates are amazing. Saved $49 on $390 (Chilean pesos).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jamners
Reviewed June 25, 2013

One of the best Hostels where I stayed, the staff is really kind and always trying to advice us with the best things to do.
The location is excellent and the breakfast is delicious (with homemade bread)!
We felt as we were at home! enjoying a lot the stay there, we stayed almost a week and we visited different places and went out with the other guests (all really nice).
I definitely recommend staying at the 41 below!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Uruguay1
Reviewed June 22, 2013

41 below is awesome. the engery which comes up in the community space is so nice. the staff is friendly and helpfull. a very complete breakfast and aswell the most clean kitchen i ever saw on my travels. I'ts just pretty much in the center you have a couple good bars around you but you don't even have to go out cause it's kind a hard to leave the very confortable community space..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anja K
Reviewed June 18, 2013

When I came to Bariloche I roughly planned a week. In the end I almost settled down (if travelling was not about moving on at a certain point...), which of course also was the fault of the 41 Below. I felt so much at home that I grew roots and stayed almost for 3 weeks. The staff was great and helpful, every advice they gave was brilliant, true and good and worth going/hiking/experiencing/seeing/checking out! First of all, it is very central and everything is in walking distance. Then, the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, very dedicated to make your stay worthwhile. The living room is spacious, light, comfortable and offers a selection of books. The kitchen is well equipped wiht enough space to store personal food.
Rooms are clean and have lockers, bathrooms and showers were always clean, no matter, how may people were staying. Breakfast was a highlight: homemade bread, jam and yogurt, croissants, cereals, tea. I was lucky enough to experience special dinners the staff prepared for the guests at some occasion, trout in my case. Delicious food, wine and beer included, and for a very good price. I would (hopefully will) definately stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank gudireise
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This Hostel was not only well presented with a great atmosphere for meeting other travelers, the staff were also the most accommodating and friendly people we have met on our travels.

Sylvia in particular was just wonderful - I became very sick whilst I was staying here and she went out of her way to make sure I was O.K. From taking me to the hospital, getting my antibiotics from the pharmacy for me, to the little things such as asking how I was whenever she saw me and making sure my travelling buddies were looked after. She is an absolute star and a real attribute to this hostel.

I will definitely be back as I didn't get to experience Bariloche thanks to being ill, but what little experience I did have of it was made 100 times more bearable thanks to these guys!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Special_Jess
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hostel 41 below was a great place to stay. When we arrived, we were pleased with the location and coziness of the place. The private double room was cute and clean. The living room was social and inviting, with 4 big couches facing each other and a large common table where everyone hung out and chatted all hours of the day. If you were in the mood to chill rather than engage, that was cool too. There were a million travel books to peruse, and a solid movie collection. An added bonus is the awesome breakfast, with homemade bread and jams.

While the accommodations are up to speed, they are not what make this hostel great. The real selling point of Hostel 41 below is Leo, the hostel manager and go-to person for just about everything.

When we arrived, Leo dropped what he was doing to help up settle in. He gladly reviewed and talked through any excursions or travel inquiries we had. He suggested his favorite restaurants and bars, and they all turned out to be great. He even helped us get a last minute rental car at an awesome price. Anytime we entered the hostel door, Leo would greet us with a smile and want to know about our latest adventure. Leo maintains the “Buena onda” of Hostel by engaging guests and linking people together. 41 below would not be the same without him.

Room Tip: The private double room was cute and clean.