“Perfect steak, unsure about the change”

El Boliche de Alberto
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I can't comment highly enough about the steak. The best I have ever had. Staff looked after us and did their job very well. We had a great night. However, we were initially short changed after paying the bill - but the cashier amended the change on request and replaced old torn bills also on request. I sincerely hope this was an honest mistake. Would have rated 5/5 if this had not happened. I'd happily go back, but will pay by credit card next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,072)

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Simply put you won't find a better steak anywhere !
Great service by professional servers,
Chef takes your order for meat and then brings it to the table and tells you if its not the way you want he will cook it a bit more or make another
1 steak is more than plenty for 2
We always had the home made fries that were thin cut and not oily or greasy, yum yum
Salad was nice and fresh
they bring fresh bread with chimi chura which is awesome.
You may have to ask for the pepper grinder.
A big treat is all the wines are great and at grocery store prices !
Try the Fond De Cave Reserva Malbec.
90 pesos !
We kept talking about this place every day, our hostel Periko's recommend it, nice hostel too with a great staff.
The steak was cooked perfectly and I mean perfect, while I did use a knife you could cut it with your fork.
Full of happy campers many are locals.
Thank you for a delicious memorable meal, 3 times we went. Each time just as before.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had an awesome steak here with a nice artesan dark beer. The steak was extremely well cooked and the only issue I had was that my side of mashed potato could have fed four people so I felt bad that all that food was going to waste.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

El boliche was the first restaurant we visited during our stay in bariloche. When seated, the grillmaster comes to your table to take your meat order. I took my usual bife de chorizo, my friends ordered lomo.

The meat was high quality, well grilled and perfectly seasoned. The portion size was good, and the beef was brought to the table on a woorden board.

Good place to go to for a nice piece of beef!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

If you love meat, then you're right here! We have ordered Bife de Lomo and our meat came just on point as ordered and it was just delicious! As always in South America, there is no salt or pepper, but in my personal opinion there was no need for seasoning.

The portions you get are tremendous. For normal eaters you might share one portion of meat and one side dish, otherwise a lot of food is going to be wasted. There is no hint on the menu about the sizes and the waiter does not tell you something about it!

The service was not attentive but it was OK.