Los Juncos - Lake House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Peninsula Petit Hotel(San Carlos de Bariloche)
View Hotel
Costa Brava Apart Hotel(San Carlos de Bariloche)
View Hotel
Gran Hotel Panamericano Bariloche(San Carlos de Bariloche)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Aldebaran Hotel & Spa(San Carlos de Bariloche)
View Hotel
Bungalows Buena Vista(San Carlos de Bariloche)
View Hotel
Bungalows Arauco Hue(San Carlos de Bariloche)
View Hotel
Apart Hotel Cabanas Balcon al Lago(San Carlos de Bariloche)
View Hotel
Hotel Tunquelen(San Carlos de Bariloche)
View Hotel
La Sirenuse Lake Resort(San Carlos de Bariloche)
View Hotel
Intersur Amancay(San Carlos de Bariloche)
  • Pool
All reviewshonesty barguest housecharacter and charmrecommended restaurantsmaster suitebreadamazing viewstownlakekmpatagoniasofashorejamschocolate
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Posada Los Juncos during our honeymoon in Argentina. We initially stayed one night in Fuego (small room but comfortable) before heading off for a 2 day trip to San Martin, then returned to Los Juncos for 2 nights this time staying in Aire (which is a beautiful big room with great views). From the moment we arrived, we felt relaxed and at home. This is partly due to the homely decor but mostly due to the warm welcome and friendliness of the host (Gabi) and hostess (Coni).
We ate in every night we stayed at Los Juncos - Gaby cooks everything himself and the food is consistently excellent. This was the only place we went to where someone specifically asked what our dietary requirements were (I am allergic to peanuts so it was nice for someone to check before my meal for once!). Although the meals were expensive (500 pesos per couple incl. 3 courses and wine), we were prepared to pay the price in order to have a delicious meal in relaxed surroundings (they set up the dining room with romantic candlelight and easy listening music). Plus the guesthouse is located quite far out of town (not walking distance, about 15km - you'd need to go by car, taxi or local bus), and after a day of sightseeing / driving we just wanted to relax at 'home' rather than head out again.
Coni spent at least an hour with us helping to plan our trip to San Martin de los Andes, which was really kind of her. She had great knowledge of the highlights of the area to see in a short time and gave us some excellent tips on hidden gems to visit during our trip.
We had some laundry done whilst at Los Juncos - but a couple of T-shirts went missing (we only noticed when we got back to the UK) and a couple of things shrunk a bit... so perhaps be wary of getting laundry done.
Whilst Aire was a great room, it was very hot at night with no way to turn down the radiators, so my husband did have some trouble sleeping one night.
Overall, despite a couple of things that could have been improved, we loved our stay at Los Juncos and would go back if in the area again. This guesthouse will not be to everyone's taste - don't go if you like big plush hotels, but definitely worth a visit if you like a small, rustic place with a more personal touch and lost of character. We would usually have rated this as 4/5, but we feel that the staff at Los Juncos really went out of their way to make our stay as perfect as possible, so overall we are going with 5 out of 5.

Room Tip: Aire is lovely - wake up to an amazing view of the lake
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grandrea
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have just ended a 4 night stay at Los Juncos and cannot speak highly enough about the amazing service and commitment that Gabi and Connie demonstrated. I had come from Buenos Aires and had been quite sick with a really bad cough and cold. From the moment I arrived they wanted to do anything they could to help. I had special remedy teas brewed for me, Connie was kind enough to drive into town and get my antibiotics (which were prescribed courtesy of another guest who happened to be a doctor and was worried about me - so the clientele are lovely too!) and then because I had missed out on so many of my planned activities because I had been unwell Gabi took time out to take me around in his car and show me the sights and enjoy a lunch overlooking the whole region because it was so important to them that I got to experience this beautiful part of the world - it really was like staying with family friends.

Don't expect 5 star glossy rooms, but do expect a quirky, homely little place that invites you to curl up and enjoy a

If coming from the international airport I would recommend booking a transfer in advance, and it shouldn't cost more than 150 pesos. The house is 20km beyond Bariloche township itself, but if you don't have a car you can easily catch the number 20 bus, and Gabi will give you a bus card to top up at the local store - one way passage is only 7 pesos so very reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Hopskipandajane
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Los Juncos for 2 nights and thoroughly
enjoyed our visit, Gaby gave us a warm welcome and was most helpful with our
activities. Our room, Air, was spacious and comfortable with wonderful views over
the lake. On our first evening we had one of the highly recommended Gaby meals
and were not disappointed though it was a mite expensive. He also had excellent wines. The decor throughout the property is charming and the ambience delightful.
We were the only guests at the time, and still special croissants and loaves were cooked
especially for us for every breakfast. We would highly recommend staying here. Thank you Gaby and Elizabeth. Rosie and Gordon Hessey

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DallynLondon
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at Los Juncos for 4 nights while on our trip around Argentina. We had the Aqua room which was beautifully decorated in a nautical style and very comfortable. Virginia was very friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. We ate at the hotel on a couple of occasions and the food was delicious - if perhaps a little on the expensive side. We had a car which we would recommend due to the location of this hotel some miles outside of the town and the flexibility it gives you for sightseeing the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James R
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were looking for a nice lakeside B&B and selected Los Juncos based on the great TA reviews. Unfortunately the stay was a big disappointment and did not live up at all to the reviews. The house is actually located on the main road on the opposite side to the lake. Yes, there are lake views but not great ones. And the traffic noise is definitely noticeable. The place is quite old and has a certain rustic charm which may suit a lot of people but not at the prices charged by Los Juncos. The bedroom was quite small and with a very tiny en-suite bathroom. The wifi in the bedroom was so slow as to be virtually unusable. No cable TV. However, the house does have a large and cosy communal lounge and dining area which is where we used the internet. We ate in and had a very nice meal prepared by the owner, Gabriel. However, the meal was not cheap. But the most disappointing aspect of the whole stay was the cold and unfriendly service and the feeling that all they were worried about was making money. I love Nespresso coffee but at $4 for a capsule? No thanks. We were asked to settle the bill the night before checking out. The next morning, we felt quite unwelcome as we sat in the living room using the internet. Therefore, we quickly packed and left, moving up the road to a much nicer hotel right on the water at 40% less price. We had become accustomed to extremely friendly owners at the various B&B's throughout Chile and Argentina so our stay at Los Juncos left us feeling quite deflated.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple