“Gorgeous place”

Cerro Tronador Day Trip from Bariloche
$119.00*
Private Climbing Trek to Cerro Lopez from Bariloche
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Take a hike, make contact with the nature. Cerro Tronador and El Ventisquero Negro will take your breath. You'll be amazed.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,700)

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We drove up here in May when the trees had fall colors. Beautiful drive! The road is dirt and has quite a few potholes, but the views of the lake and the forest more than make up for it. While we were near the top viewing the clavier, a big piece broke off. We didn't see the piece, but you could hear the sound echoing through the mountains like thunder. Fantastic!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I came here on a day trip from San Carlos de Bariloche. It's a very very long and very very bumpy road to get to. Our nerves were shattered by the end of the day. But it was a great experience. It's not hard to find once you make the turn by Lago Mascardi. It's really only one road most of the way with one or two splits. It's slow going, but the scenery is beautiful. Turquoise blue lakes, and high mountains with snow on top. One of my favorite views was of Tronador from a stopping point on the road long before you ever get close. We were lucky that the sun came out for a bit and gave us a clear view across the valley at the glaciers sitting on top of the mountain. We stopped to get a fresh loaf of bread and homemade raspberry jam at a campsite shop along the road to snack on. After we finally made it to the foot of the mountain, we got to see the black glacier. It's basically a dirty glacier that slid off the mountain. Very cool, but you can't get up close to it. Our favorite part was driving all the way to the end of the road and hiking the last bit to stand at the bottom of the waterfalls. It was gorgeous. You're partially surrounded by tall, narrow, thundering waterfalls. The little cafe at the start of the hiking trail where you park your cars had some delicious hot chocolate. I would definitely recommend this if you're in Bariloche looking for a day trip.

3  Thank litlhafgost
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love the tour, the glacier and Cerro Tronador. The place is beautiful. The tour guide was a bore, though.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's my first time seeing the glaciers and it shocked me to see the effects of global warming. I thought we would go nearer it but till where we were was fun enough. It's an all day tour but not a tiring one and all the stops for pictures have beautiful sites. I had already done Isla Victoria and Circuito Chico in the past and because of the reviews in this website I chose Tronador and sure enough, it's not to be missed!