“I would stay there again”
Review of Aconcagua Hotel

Aconcagua Hotel
Reviewed March 8, 2010

After reading the reviews before we left on our trip we found this hotel better than expected. We were lucky to have a room with a lake view on one of the upper floors. This made for a much quieter stay. The room was quite nice as was the bathroon. However, the bath and shower are very small. The breakfast was good and was served in a very pleasant room. We liked the staff and found them to be very helpful. The hotel is in a great location and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Aconcagua Hotel

Reviewed January 20, 2010

I booked 3 night in the Aconcagua Hotel and finally stayed two. The reason why I left the hotel is for it was a very dissapointing expirience for a 100 dolars single room. I didn't expect an espectacular room at all given the hotel is a 3 stars but I didn't expect either so many problems: 1- when I booked the hotel -by phone from BA- I asked if the heating it will be on all day and they say "yes" -adding that they problably turning down during the day-; that was not true; they turn on the heating after 11 pm during a night of 13 centigrades; when the next night I asked to turning on the heating a man said that it schedules for 11 pm, no excepcions; next morning, the man at the front desk told me that the man who told me that the past night has "the power" of make the decision to turn on the heating; 2- The shower had a hole at the floor level into which the water lick and all the bathroom got filled of water that I could dry with a dryer stick!!!; 3- The bathroom has 2 big towels and 2 small ones; I used only one big and one small; when I returned in the afternoon they gave me the same towels that I used and take away the "extra" big and small towells; 4- There are no shampoo and conditioner; The bathroom was not properly cleanned; 5- I was not able to find how to make a phone call, which was the time for the room service or which was the cancelletion policy; 6- Finallly I decided left the hotel and booked other one; when I asked to the front desk men for the cancelation policy he said: "I don't know what the cancelation policy is"; I asumed he was being sarcastic.

Despite of so many problems, breakfast staff are very friendly. And they have a wonderful gesture: THEY DIDN'T CHARGE ME ANYTHING TO LEAVE THE HOTEL AT 1 PM.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I know that the hotel is cheap, is well located. But what is that bathroom? We couldn't stay more than 1 minute in a shower, it was very small, all the bathroom was underwater after a shower. With 2 kids, it was simply uncomfortable.
We stayed one night in a room facing the city. Terrible night. Noisy.
Then, we moved for one with lake view. The view made me fell much better.
Don't recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2007

We stayed at the Hotel Aconcagua for two nights in October 2007. The hotel itself is on the older side, so the carpet, beds, etc. look somewhat dated (not the place to go if you're looking for new, modern, sleek lines) plus they have that 70s wood panelling look, but everything was very clean, the bathrooms are modern (looks like a recent renovation), and the rooms on the higher floors have lovely (but small) views of the lake. The best part was the staff who were super friendly and very helpful. Their English is also quite good. We especially appreciated Gaby who works the 2nd shift (3 pm to 11 pm), who went out of her way to book us excursions and help us out in any way possible. The "American buffet" breakfast is a traditional Argentine breakfast: medialunas, toasted bread, and coffee or hot chocolate. They do have cornflakes and sunflower seeds and raisins, but they don't have what Americans think of as breakfast (eggs, pancakes, etc.). The breakfast was tasty and the restaurant staff really friendly and nice. Hotel Aconcagua was a great place for the value!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2007

My wife and me went to Bariloche for our honeymoon in August 2006. Our first impression was about the servide, which was excellent. My wife was on birthday the day after our arrival, and the desk attendant helped me to get flowers and others gifts for her, which surprisingly included a bottle of wine by the house. In addition, the desk attendant helped us with all the arrangements for the tours we wanted to take.
The rooms are fine, considering the price. They are very clean and mid-sized. In addition, the hotel is only at 5 min. walking distance from Civic Center, Bariloche´s downtown.
Net, don´t expect 5-star facilities, but you can expect a great level of service and nice rooms for a great price.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2007

We stayed at this hotel while on a tour. When we arrived we were ushered into a room that smelled like fish. We asked to be moved and were told that the hotel was full. The receptionist called housekeeping who came in and sprayed air freshener. While the receptionist was extremely nice, the owner was not. He confronted my fiance in spanish and then glared at us when we asked again to be moved. The receptionist moved us to a hotel down the street, which I actually thought was very generous of the management.

The next day we had to return to the hotel and stayed in the room next door to the fish room which smelled fine although the entire place needs an upgrade. The bathrooms are uncomfortably small and not very inviting. The carpet needs cleaning and the walls need new paint.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 3, 2007

Stayed in this hotel in March 07. Paid extra for lake view. Technically, I did have a lake view, although due to layout of building (shaped like a plus side) my view of much of the lake was blocked by the building. I could not see toward the west toward the mountains, only a sliver of lake, plus the big ugly high rise by the central squre. Lakeview rooms ending in "7" have a very limited view - only those ending in 3 or 5 have unobstructed views, and those ending in 1 have a view toward the west. The room was small, with two narrow twin beds. There was no separate shower floor, so there was a squeegee you could use to try and dry the floor. No TV in English, although German was available. Breakfast was rather spartan. On the plus side, there was free parking, and the location was good. It might be worth paying for the lake view, just to be on the quiet side of the building. Also, at checkout, they offered me a 10% discount for paying cash, although via e-mail they had told me there wasn't. For the price, it's probably a good deal, just keep your expectations low.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank BornReisende