“Perfect day in Bariloche”

Cabalgatas & Aventura ArianePatagonia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guided horseriding expeditions of one, two or several days. Dutch, english, french, german and spanish spoken. The trips usually include lunch or overnight stays at local families. In the summer we camp in the open air or visit an authentic Patagonian Estancia and work together with the gaucho's. All trips are measure made and adapted to requests of the visitors. Experience is not necesarily required. Accommodation available too.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Melbourne, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Perfect day in Bariloche”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have been wanting to book a ride in Argentina for some time, and I'm glad I waited until I found Ariane! My friend, boyfriend and I had a special day riding with Ariane and another traveller who joined the group. I only wish I had been organised enough to book and stay at her house, or better yet, go for a 2-4 day tour!

You will have a special time riding through the outskirts of Bariloche, beautiful views, interesting terrain, and the opportunity to have lunch with a real gaucho family in a small village, who are friends of Ariane. We were all comfortable riders and Ariane made sure we had several opportunities to canter.

We were able to reserve 2 days in advance for a 1 day trip, but over summer I am sure she is much more busy, especially with longer tours, so I suggest getting in touch as soon as you have booked your flights / bus to Bariloche. Enjoy!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank LexiAU

Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unmissable day out with Ariane and her horses and dogs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

One of the best things we did in Argentina. Day ride out with Ariane, lovely safe ponies, fabulous scenery, fantastic canine companions and a real lunch experience with a true Patagonian gaucho family. Ariane was the perfect host speaks many languages, full of interesting information and constantly aware of our safety and enjoyment. One of our group was inexperienced rider and felt totally in control of her Rolls Royce horse Malbec.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Anna R
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First time rider and had a blast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have been bugging my husband for us to go horseback riding while visiting various cities in Argentina. We finally did it while having a long weekend in Bariloche. I booked a day with Ariane and what a wonderful choice. I really do not think anything could have been better. She picked us up from our hotel and what a treat to have her 3 dogs in the truck waiting for us. As I told her, the dogs were a special bonus to the day. Once at her home, I was quite intimidated when I saw the horses. I would soon learn that they were the sweetest ever. We had a wonderful ride and a great picnic lunch by a creek. The countryside was breathtaking. I am so happy we decided to do this and we chose Ariane for the outing. She is a so nice and sincere. I cannot wait to do it again.

Visited February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievable trip with the fabulous Ariane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

From the first email to the final good bye, our three-day, two-night trip with Ariane was a tremendous experience. She is a fabulous horsewoman and a great guide, with just the right combination of planning savvy and spontaneity. Her small outfit run out of her ranch on the outskirts of Bariloche is just right if you're seeking a trip that you can design for yourself and your companions. The horses were just challenging enough to keep us on our toes; our night in a cabin next to caves with the condors was unforgettable; the meals were excellent; the matte an experience; and the dogs great companions. The scenery in the foothills was tremendous, ranging from brilliant grasses and scrub forests to the snowcapped Andes in the distance. Ariane is an excellent companion, with just the right sense of when to leave her guests on their own and the skill to inform without boring on. Her passion for the land and horses is evident throughout and you can't help but be drawn in. Both alone and together, we have traveled to scores of countries and across many landscapes; few trips were as well-arranged or memorable as this.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bob1069
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best things to do in Bariloche”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We are a family of 5 and had a day ride with Ariane. It was the highlight of our stay in Bariloche! A 3 hour ride took us to a village where we had a deliceous meal with a local family. Everything was great: Ariane's and Adrian's (neighbor Gaucho) attention and company, the way through the countryside, the hospitality of the family at lunch (Ida and Negro). Our two daughters are experienced riders and got a chance to gallop together with Ariane.
Don't miss it!