“One of the best things to do in Bariloche”

Cabalgatas & Aventura ArianePatagonia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guided horseriding expeditions of one, two or several days. Dutch, english, french, german and spanish spoken. The trips usually include lunch or overnight stays at local families. In the summer we camp in the open air or visit an authentic Patagonian Estancia and work together with the gaucho's. All trips are measure made and adapted to requests of the visitors. Experience is not necesarily required. Accommodation available too.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We are a family of 5 and had a day ride with Ariane. It was the highlight of our stay in Bariloche! A 3 hour ride took us to a village where we had a deliceous meal with a local family. Everything was great: Ariane's and Adrian's (neighbor Gaucho) attention and company, the way through the countryside, the hospitality of the family at lunch (Ida and Negro). Our two daughters are experienced riders and got a chance to gallop together with Ariane.
Don't miss it!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Don't miss this ride of a lifetime when you go to Bariloche! Ariane, our guide, was so much fun and really put together a fabulous day of riding. My husband and I were joined with two young gals from Holland and France as well as three of Ariane's dogs. We rode around the country side and you got the feeling of what the estancia's of Argentina are really like. We stopped for lunch at a "real Goucho" ranch and he and his wife made barbeque beef on the fire for our great meal. It was a great experience to talk with them and see how they live on the rance. The afternoon was just as exciting spending time in the river and riding home through the countryside of Bariloche.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Too bad I can't give more than five stars. This is the day in Argentina I'll always remember.
Ariane is a skilled horsewoman and a very lovely host who runs this business solo from her home just outside of Bariloche. Her horses are all Argentine Criollos, a very smart breed that's been bred for endurance both to long rides and harsh weather.
They're barrel-chested horses of medium height, a bit like the American Morgan.
We set out at 10 a.m. to saddle the horses and, with a very nice couple from England, and within minutes we were on a beautiful trail with just extraordinary views of El Tronador to the south and the lake below us. Two of us are experienced riders, but the two men in the group had only been on a horse once or twice, so we kept mostly to a very pleasant walk and trot. My horse was very gentle and responded to a "cluck" and a very minimal touch of the reins on his neck.
We've been hiking while in Bariloche, and this was by far the prettiest route we've been on, with great views of Andean condors and gray eagles. Usually Ariane said she packs picnic lunches to eat by the river. On this trip we visited a gaucho family, who cooked the food she brought. Steak, of course, and a lovely salad we had requested. We also finally got to share mate, which is as much a social ritual as a beverage. Our hosts had a marvelous display of hand-stitched gaucho belts, including a very ornate floral belt on calfskin that a grandmother had made more than 100 years ago.
This is absolutely the trip to take to get a great feel for this area.

1  Thank Marty R
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I went with Ariane for a two days trip followed by a one day trip on december 2013. The first day we packed our bags and rode to the house of a friend through beautifuls landscapes. We stopped by a river to eat a delicious diner prepared by Ariane and we let the horses relax. We arrived at the house for supper and experienced a typical asado. The next morning, we ate a great breakfeast (an american one) and jumped on the horses to go back to Ariane's place. I slept there that night and the next morning, we went for a lovely trip following a beautiful emerald river. That day I rode with the nicest horse I ever met, he was very friendly and kind. (Balthazar, his name) Thank you for all Arianne! It was a very nice trip and I recommend to all who like horseriding to jump on this wonderful experience!

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

It's been a long time dream for me to ride in Argentina and I did it! I went riding with my husband. Ariane had nice horses and dogs and we had a great trip. She was very informative and sweet. Her lunch was AMAZING! We eat paleo and the picnic she prepared was really gourmet. I highly recommend riding in Bariloche with Ariane. If you end up going to el calafate, ride with el galpon (the best). There is also riding in ushuia but we ran out of time. The riding in Barilche was the highlight of my trip there